Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

celica gts feels the awsome wrath of the 2.5rs

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 04:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default celica gts feels the awsome wrath of the 2.5rs

Well i just got done helping my friend install his cold air intake for his celica gts... BTW.. if one of your friends needs help with this on a new body style celica just walk the other way.... what a pain in the ***

ah well after we were done throwing it on it made the car louder but didn't seem faster.. the things a dog on the lower and mid range but pulls decent about 6,000 rpm good old vvtl-i working for him...
so after the test drive he gets cockey saying "I didnt thik i could beat your car before but now... damn im sure im faster"
I didnt like that one bit and we went down to an abandoned strip of road off in the middle of no where to settle it...

well we marked out about a 1/4 mile and lined up ... i let him lead it .. told him "as soon as you launch i will see it and hit it...
Well at the end of the 1/4 I was ahead by 2 lenghts..
he then said oh well im sure i can out turn you... So i said fine,
we went to my favorite unbuilt sub and did ride alongs...
he drove his car first compleeted the circut and the fastest turn he could take was a 60mph.. i rode along to watch his speedomiter to make sure.
then it was my turn to drive my slowest corner was 65mph and fastest was 75mph...

so he went home happy that his intake was in and excited to get his exhaust in but kinda sad that his 200hp car couldnt keep up with my 185hp car.
well thats all from ricer land.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

i would have thought a CAI would be easy for a Celica, with all those (i'm sure functional) holes in the front of it.

Yeah newer celicas are just dogs, really a wasted cause for modding IMO. 1 question tho, is vvt-i practically the same as vtec? i know it stands for variable valve timing-intelligent, so i assume it's like a computer-controlled vtec?

anyways, good kill. I'd bet on a 2.5rs all day against a new toyota anything.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CrabhartLS1
i would have thought a CAI would be easy for a Celica, with all those (i'm sure functional) holes in the front of it.

Yeah newer celicas are just dogs, really a wasted cause for modding IMO. 1 question tho, is vvt-i practically the same as vtec? i know it stands for variable valve timing-intelligent, so i assume it's like a computer-controlled vtec?

anyways, good kill. I'd bet on a 2.5rs all day against a new toyota anything.
they share the same principal. 2 cam profiles best of both worlds more power thru out. I believe that yes the vvti engine is just a cintrifically triggred switch in cam profiles and the vvtli is computer controled... personally from what i have seen they would be much better off switching profiles about 4500-5000 range insted of the 6k that it is stock.
Yeah the intake was a pain because you have to take appart the chin plastic and the wheel well plastics and modify thouse and also we had to relocate an HID unit that was in the way... If you had to take the mount off for this it would require taking off the front end to remove the headlight to move the mount but insted we cut the mount and relocated it..... it was a pain..
I think i would be leary about going agenst a v8 tundra or an mr2... but then again i have been known to underestamate my car.
Old 07-30-2005, 06:25 PM
Staging Lane

I used to drive a GT-S. Nimble car. But never really liked it as much as the Formula.
Old 07-30-2005, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

MR2's are lightweight, and that's about all they have going for them. I'd like to see that race.

Not so sure about a tundra tho... but i'm pretty biased against trucks.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:27 PM
Launching!

lol this is an F body and vette fourm but ummm good kill