Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Power window buttons

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 05:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Power window buttons

Ok I have a 98 Formula and I really like how you can just tap the drivers side power window once and it will go all the way down. What I dont like is it only does it for the drivers side and only down. Is there a way to modify the power window switches so that both sides go all the way down when the buttons are tapped and also both sides go all the way up when the buttons are tapped. I hope I am making sense because I am sure someone has done this before and it can't be that difficult. Thanks for any help you guys might be able to provide me
Old 07-20-2005, 07:30 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

What you need is the 530T module from DEI (the maker of Viper alarms). This module gets wired into your existing power windows circuit and adds one-touch up and down to both windows. It also gives the capability to control the windows with an extra channel of an aftermarket alarm system (or the factory remote if you do the progressive door lock mod). The module goes for anywhere up to $100 but they sell for $45 on ebay all the time.