Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jet Hot Headers????

Old 07-20-2005, 12:14 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Jet Hot Headers????

I was looking into Jet Hot Long tube headers for my TA with their catted Y pipe that can have the cats removed and turned into a off road one. Are these good headers and do they produce good power? I also have loudmouth for an exhaust.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Unless you want to spend the money on some stainless headers like Kooks,I dont see a point in getting anything other than pacesetters.They are by far the best deal for a coated header.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:38 AM
Teching In

Money is not really too much of an issue with me for headers, I just wanted a combo that i could get a y-pipe that i can remove the cats and only put them on for the emmissions testing
Old 07-20-2005, 12:49 AM
Teching In

I've got Jet Hot and I think they are awesome. But if you would look at the jrp's Mod and Exhaust Guide, that is a sticky in the top of this section, you would learn that all headers show relatively the same gain; but vary in fitment issues. The Jet Hot's (in my personal installation) required grinding the production tab on driver’s side of the block instead of unbolting the steering shaft. And now I figured out that I should have grinded the K-member because my pass header bangs against it. The pass side went in easy. If you do it yourself take off the coil packs/rails (make life so much easier with room) and oil up those bolts a few days before with WD-40.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:54 AM
On The Tree

I have Jet hot LT's on my 01 SS and they work good for me. You will be able to tell the difference in power right away. During the install watch the drivers side of the Y-pipe before you put it all the way on the collector. It was a snug fit on mine so make sure it is twisted right and it is going to be snug with the floor(flat part on top). You want to watch so it doesn't bang the floor under load though. Mufflex makes a clamp that bolts right to the heat shielding to keep the Y-pipe from hitting the floor. ALSO not sure if its the same with the TA but the drivers side header, one of the tubes will sit really close to the frame. When you do the install check the fit. Mark the spot where it will sit close and trim off a 1/2 inch or so. Trust me it looks like there is enough room but under load at about 5K for me I would get a knock from the header rubbing. Good luck let us know what you decide.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:09 PM
Teching In

ok, thanks for the info guys

Search this Thread