Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

CTS V with a Maggie vs. C32 AMG

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 09:40 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CTS V with a Maggie vs. C32 AMG

Went to dinner last night and friend of mine who has a CTS V with a maggie blower showed up and took me for a ride. The blower whine was awesome but his gears went by too quick (he short shifted every gear) so it did not seem that much faster than my C32. I would not rag on the CTS V either cause the damn thing is smoking hot. For you dyno racers out he dynoed around 430 at the wheels while my C32 does 302. Well we went to some back roads and lined up and heres how our 2 races ended.

From a Dig:

This was actually a funny race. I turned off traction control and put it in manual first gear. Well on the first honk I dead hook like always and get like 2 cars and look in my side mirror and he is all over the road. It looks like he is doing a burnout behind me. Well there was no way for him to catch me so I lifted. I beat the driver not the car. So we pull up to the next stop sign and asked if I wanted to go from a roll. To see how close our cars are, I said sure.

From a 20 roll to 90 (not enough room to go higher, thank god):

We both hit it at the same time and my front bumper is at his door through first. He shifts and I gain alittle, then he starts pulling me and I am a little behind his front door when he shifts to third. By 90 I am at his rear bumper and the race is over! He beat on his car that time cause I heard loud chirps when he shifted and the loud blower sound was awesome. If we would have gone longer it would have been real ugly for me as he would not have to change gears which was the only time I made up ground.

Overall a funny and fun night.

I took the C32 to the track 2 months ago and was pretty happy 8.6 at 82 in the 1/8th which should get me a 13.3 at 104 in the quater if not a little faster. (Bone Stock)
Old 07-20-2005, 11:06 AM
TECH Resident

wow, you held up pretty good for 130 less HP
Old 07-21-2005, 03:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

those C32 are a blast. i get to drive them at work from time to time. they are pretty close, but i think i might like the c32 more than the C55. plus most people don't expect them to have any *****
Old 07-21-2005, 03:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

CTSv's are low 13 @ 106-108mph stock, plus he has a blower that produces a torque curve that looks like a horizontal line....and he barely pulled a 104mph car??? Nice race, but you beat the driver again in the 2nd race. Chirping tires dont mean anything. I ca shift at 4500and chirp the tires. Sounds like he wasnt shifting at 6k...
Old 07-21-2005, 08:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

also, the mags are known for really bad heat soaking too, and they die off up top.

Quick Reply: CTS V with a Maggie vs. C32 AMG