PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my car wont idle after startup

Old 07-20-2005, 04:35 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default my car wont idle after startup

i was racing/driving the car lastnight ('99 camaro Z-28 w/ a 400 trans) and everything was going good.... on the way home from the track it threw an SES light, but the car still ran fine. i started it up today, and it sounded like it had a huge cam in it for a few seconds, then died..... now it wont fire up for more than a second........ i'll give it gas right away and it will rev, but very roughly.

anyone have any ideas??? when the car is running the SES light is not flashing, just steady on. any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:40 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by imslow
i was racing/driving the car lastnight ('99 camaro Z-28 w/ a 400 trans) and everything was going good.... on the way home from the track it threw an SES light, but the car still ran fine. i started it up today, and it sounded like it had a huge cam in it for a few seconds, then died..... now it wont fire up for more than a second........ i'll give it gas right away and it will rev, but very roughly.

anyone have any ideas??? when the car is running the SES light is not flashing, just steady on. any input would be greatly appreciated.
Do you have a way to pull the codes? That would be a place to start. On the drive home was oil pressure and coolant temps normal?
Old 07-20-2005, 04:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CrazyCarl
Do you have a way to pull the codes? That would be a place to start. On the drive home was oil pressure and coolant temps normal?
well i have a friend w/ a tech 2. but i wont be able to utilize him til tomorrow.... coolant and oil pres were good on the way home. like i said, the car didn't drive any different than when the code wasn't off.

it feels like a miss, but i heard that the SES light would be flashing... or atleast for multiple misses it would be flashing. it's steady. i think if i only had one miss that the engine would still run... just shitty.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get it scanned so you dont have to hunt around, could be a lot of things
Old 07-21-2005, 10:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Are you running a power adder? What are you mods?

Search this Thread