Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Help Appreciated

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any Help Appreciated

well...i dont even know where to start...my tuner doesnt know whats going on ..they logged the run but everything was good minus the 02 voltages.. my car will not ...i mean will not climb in rpms if i go from a dead stop..i can nail it and it goes to about 4k and then just falls...i mean it will just hang there at WOT and not even try to pull hard.. im talking im at a light...i nail it..doesnt even chirp the tires, (heads cam headers stall car)its like it just isnt getting any fuel...we logged the run and the tps is showing 100 percent wot, we checked teh fuel pressuer and it only dropped about a pound at wot.. the only thing is ...the 02 sensor voltages are in the double digits...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i mean like 78 at wot..BUt this being that wot is only like 4k bc the car wont pull so would that have an affect? i mean i know the o2's are supposed to be at around 900 or so at wot but that is when the rpms are steadily climbing and you are turning some higher rpms..mine wont even make it to 5k ...also if your cruising around at about 40 or so and nail it ..it wont downshift...the tranny and converter are farily new..im just thinking its just running like **** and dont have the power to do anything..i mean i was on the interstate running about 60 and nailed it..it pulled like a raped ape..but when i slowed down and went from a stop..BOGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG nothing...i mean i can stand on the throttle and it will go like 50mph and hang at like 38..we were getting a little false knock from the exhaust but it was only pullint like 3 degrees of timing..any thoughts? i know the o2 reading are F#cked up but could that cause this much power loss? he said it "looked" like it was running super super lean but he said the best thing would be to find a wideband and get it checked...i dont know...it just seems funny that both o2's would be reading like 87 or so at wot so it seems like both sensors wouldnt be messed up since the problem is common on both..what about a vaccum leak..could this cause this HUGE power loss? i dont hear anything but then again i cant hear anything over the duals.....the car seems to drive fine around town..i mean i just got back from a 350 mile round trip..no problems with bucking or no surging...runs like a top..it just wont shift and doesnt have any power...im at a loss..i dont know what to do...i wanted so bad to go to the track this weekend...

EDIT: i forgot to mention..there was one time when i got on it.and it acutally pulled pretty good up to about 6400 (i was already going about 40 mph) ..my tuner said the 02's did the same thing as they were doing before ..only reading about double digit voltage...even with the car hualing *** and pulling hard..something is wrong...bad wrong...im going to get a new set of 02's..hope it will fix the problem..

Last edited by redbandit98; 07-20-2005 at 11:59 PM.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

please.....suggestions?
Old 07-21-2005, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

not even a go to hell

hhaa
Old 07-21-2005, 11:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 431 Likes on 307 Posts

People aren't ignoring you, it's just a weird ******* problem, so they're thinking it over before responding.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry no help, if you are running rear o2' try them in front, if your fronts are bad and you install to rear will show code but no other problem with switch or just leave rear out no problem but lite
my .02 Johnny

Last edited by SS SLP2; 07-21-2005 at 11:32 PM.