Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help... Spark plugwire wont come out

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 12:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help... Spark plugwire wont come out

Well I bought my car used with 60k on the clock, it now has 80k and the plugs look like they were never changed before after taking the ones out on the drivers side. Now I am on the passenger side and I cannot, for the life of me, get the #4 plugwire/heat shield out. After struggling for an hour, I got #2 out, but #4 isn't budging. Anybody got any tips that can help a frustrated guy out?
Old 07-21-2005, 01:37 PM
TECH Addict

try twisting the shield. Once it twists it should come free. Mine were a pain also.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

do this....it sounds stupid but i did it on number 8 and it worked. Tie something to the plug not the heatshield, and pull like a Mfer. The plug will pull out and shouldnt be any damage if you dont act like a piranah on it then you can grab the heat shield and pop it back on the plug. I swear this works.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try turning while pulling, sometimes those things can be on there so put some back into it and it should come right off
Old 07-21-2005, 02:39 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the replies. Ok, i've tried twisting the heat shield, and I have even tried to put a wrench on the wire for some extra leverage, and pulled with all my might, and I swear to god, that thing didn't budge. The driver's side was a pain but I didn't think it would be this much harder once I got the coil pack rail out of the way. When I get off work, i will try tieing something to it. Maybe that will help. I'm just getting discouraged because there is still two plugs after this one.