Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vaccume on LS6 intake

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 12:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Vaccume on LS6 intake

Is there any ports on the bottom of an LS6 intake that could be causing a leak. WHen I got car tuned I had a problem getting the car to idle, thinking maybe their was a leak somewhere, could not find anything, sprayed B12 around all of the intake runners where they meet the heads and had no change, is there anything that I could have overlooked on the bottom that could be leaking?
Old 07-21-2005, 04:48 PM
On The Tree

is should have come with some plugs did you install those?
Old 07-21-2005, 05:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Plugs for the intake or like egr or something else. Nothing on the topside is leaking and I can't remember seeing anything on the bottom but I am lost.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:28 PM
12 Second Club

dunno what plugs he's talking about on the bottom, I just installed mine the other day. But you might wanna check the MAP sensor in the back. Is it a used intake??? Did you delete the EGR and air??? Did you change the seals if it is a used one??
Old 07-24-2005, 04:15 PM
Staging Lane

Is this after a swap from and LS1 to LS6. If yes did you use the coolant tubes for the LS6 intake which eliminates the tube under the intake. The LS6 intake is deeper. If you didn't use the LS6 coolant tubes. The Ls6 intake will sit on top of the coolant tube going to the back of the heads. Some times this will hold the intake up causing sealing problems. You can modify the bottom of the intake to make it work with the LS1 coolant tubes with a little grinding. I've not done this but I hear that you can.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea i had to grind down the bottom side of the intake till it was sealing good.. i couldn't get the coolant tubes in time so i did it the cheap way.. But i have always wondered if mine has a slight leak and thats why my times aren't so good at the track... But it seems like if i did have a leak and i rev it to 6600 on shifts i would definately hear it.. so i am not sure... just make sure you grind the bottom good or just replace the coolant lines.. my idle never smoothed out either though... but i had a bad tuner.. so i don't know haha! good luck