Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

tinting ticket

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 10:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default tinting ticket

how expensive are window tinting tickets, if you are not suppose to have the window tinted, and also, if you buy the car out of state with window tinting already on the car do you have to take it off?
Old 07-21-2005, 10:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in TN, they really don't care about tint. But I go into Virgina everyday, my brother got owned by the Virgina police for his tint. Which is legal in TN....so if you buy it out of state, when you register the car, the car will now be a IL car.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:48 AM
Launching!

I think its around 50 bucks for a tint ticket in Va. Here in NC, your car actually has to pass a window tint inspection. You even have to pay an extra charge just b/c you have aftermarket tint.

If you have aftermarket tint that is legal in your state and then move to another state where the tint is illegal, they will require you to remove it in order to pass basic inspection. Some stations don't care though, just leave your windows down for the inspection.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:37 AM
Teching In

a cop told me it was an $80 ticket here in VA

I just got a note from my optomitrist that says I have photophobia, so I can legally have darker tint
Old 07-22-2005, 08:09 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by rlax31
a cop told me it was an $80 ticket here in VA

I just got a note from my optomitrist that says I have photophobia, so I can legally have darker tint
Correct.....Tickets for Window Tinting in Va. usually run anywhere from $50 to $80 bucks depending on some counties. In some cases unfortunately it can be even more expensive. Regardless of where you get one avoid going to court and just pay it. Trying to fight it in court is usually a loosing battle unless you have documentation from your doctor and if you do loose in court, count on adding an extra $30 bucks to the fine for court cost and fees.