Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Tweeters in front door - too much treble?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 12:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tweeters in front door - too much treble?

I have a 2002 Yukon and am putting a system in with a few amps, etc. In the front doors, I plan to replace the speakers with 6.5" Polk 2 ways - should I also add a tweeter a little higher in the door to improve the sound or will that result in too much treble since the 6.5" Polk already has a tweeter? I don't want to have an unbalanced sounding system.....
Old 07-22-2005, 12:16 PM
12 Second Club

No. Of course this is dependent on how the systems various components are setup e.i. crossovers and gains for given frequencies. I think that within the range of a system you can tune it to be alot of treble and sound like ****, or tune it to create a really nice soundstage.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Like spy said, you will just have to tune it to your likings. I have Focal components in my SS and have the mirror tweeter pods for mounting them. Focal tweeters are no friggen joke and I have the setting on the crossover turned all the way down, and the setting on my deck for my tweets turned down less than half. It sounds awesome as is, any more and the highs are so highs I feel like ym ears are gonna bleed.