Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not happy with HPE Nitrous Ring.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 02:36 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not happy with HPE Nitrous Ring.....

Not doggin HPE, I am sure someone has got this thing to fit right. It looks great sitting all hooked up with dual nozzles and the lines poking around every where. Very nice tight seal around the TB and MAF. But, on the F'ing body, since the TB is mounted flat, not angled off the intake, the Ring forces the Fernco (or insert tuubing used here) into the airbox bottom. I happen to use the KN FIPK, which is a disaster. I had to "modify" the top of the radiator, and the lower airbox to get the **** on, as well as flip the Filter tube from the MAF unsode down, so the filter points up instead of laying flat on the radiator support. Yes, I am using a stop bottom suppport and the FIPK. So, now that I hacked all this **** up, because I was determined to make it fit... I am going to go ahead and swap the nozzles into the Fernco, old skool style. I kick myself in the happy sack everyday for not ordering the GDMFSOB NX MAF with Dual Nozzles.

*Dave, I know you will read this, please pm me a price for the MAF End with Dual Nozzle discharge, I dont need anything else, just the MAF and whatever fittings to hook up my 2ea fuel and 2ea nitrous -3 lines!*

Sometimes you just know something is going to turn dis-***-terous. This has been my something.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

i had the same problem with the older model tnt power ring, i ended up cutting my lid too short, now the lid barely goes on the maf and the lid is cracked from trying to fit it on, i need a new lid now :/ im hoping the newer style power ring will be a lot better, cuz i aint touching the new lid with a hacksaw.
Old 07-22-2005, 04:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It's not a new problem. It's actually the case with almost any power ring. If you don't have the means to make them work, you should never get one. They will not be a direct bolt on, as you have found.
Old 07-22-2005, 04:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Beast96Z
It's not a new problem. It's actually the case with almost any power ring. If you don't have the means to make them work, you should never get one. They will not be a direct bolt on, as you have found.
yup i knew what i was getting into and was prepared but i fugged up, i suck hehe jk
Old 07-22-2005, 04:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had to cut about 1/2" off the back of my MAF to give enough clearance to make mine fit. But all in all, I'm happy with the way it turned out.
Old 07-22-2005, 04:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do wish I'd have recieved one that had the holes drilled directly across from each other but I got mine used, and will take what I can get for that price. Mine looked almost exactly like this:
Old 07-22-2005, 06:17 PM
Restricted User

Mine werent drilled even either, and tap went partially thru, I finished the tapping. Its a good gig as stated, but another thing I dont like is the step down. Even on your setup, if you look throught the MAF (air intake etc) the air has an abrupt down turn which I know is probably nothing to some ppl, or performance, but I like the look of a straighter shot. I will probably end up drilling out the Fernco tonight and re doing it, I am that unhappy with it. I finished the damn thing out of sheer principal.....