Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hp/torque question

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 05:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hp/torque question

Ok i have a few ques
im gettin ready to order a slp air lid for my 98 TA
i have the stock air lid on there now and my cars not a ws6
- i was wondering how much hp/torque should i have now and how much more woud it b if i got the slp air lid??
- would the hp/torque be any more if i got the ram air hood?
- what should my next mod be?

input is appreciated

Black 98 TA M6 96K
Flowmaster tips, K&N air filter
Old 07-22-2005, 11:44 PM
Launching!

Well a lid is one of the best ways to wake up your car. With a lid, and exhaust I made the #'s in my sig. Right now I would say you could be at 290+ at the wheels. I have heard of people having power gains of anywhere from 5-10 rwhp with just a lid. I know a guy with a '98 WS6 convertible that made 310 rwhp with just a lid. Alot of it will depend on how your car runs and how it has been run in the past. But a lid is a good mod to do. For your next mod exhaust would be good, or even a tune up with the amount of miles you have, i.e. new plugs, maybe new wires, etc. Good luck with your decision.
Old 07-23-2005, 12:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

In answer to the last part of your question, a ram air hood will gain you little to no HP. Sure, the air coming in through the nostrils will be a bit cooler than that coming up off the road in front of your radiator, but it'll only gain you a few HP at best - not noticeable in any case.

Spend the $ for the hood and paint on headers and intake.