Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NX Maximizer... Is it worth the $640.

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 01:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NX Maximizer... Is it worth the $640.

Does anyone have one ?

Pro's ?

Con's?

Is it worth the dough ?

I have a NOS progressive controller right now.

Any advantages with the NX PDA controlled Maximizer?

Should I upgrade controllers ?
Old 07-24-2005, 05:14 PM
TECH Resident

I do... Maximizer II anyway. There are plenty of threads on this, but I'll give you some info anyway.

Pros (only the stuff I use right now): Status LED, small, light, easy to hide, shuts off with preset A/F ratio, uses my FPSS to enable/disable, controls my dual stage.

Cons: Sometimes I have to close the program and restart it before it realizes that the laptop IS connected to the Maximizer... that's very annoying. It needs to be able to detect what gear I'm in better than it does now. I have an A4 and there are settings I have to fiddle with that I'm not so sure of. Right now I hate it and all my gears spray the same, even 1st. NO BUILT IN HELP WITH SOFTWARE!!! I hate that crap SO much. I know it was made by NX, I don't need a constant reminder in the help menu. Doesn't use USB to connec to laptop. Who the hell uses serial???

I paid $669 or so for mine after shipping... I wish it could have been less, but I'm not going to whine about it (and I'm a poor college student!)

I don't know anything about NOS and I don't know anything about a PDA... I thought they stopped supporting that.

Now, I realize the "cons" section is huge, but if I didn't have the Maximizer II, I would be wishing that I did. I've wanted a Maximizer over a years and I'm glad I couldn't afford it till they released #2. I say, if you don't mind parting with your NOS thing, get NX's.

-somebody
Old 07-25-2005, 04:36 PM
FormerVendor

Somebody- Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Maximizer. If you want, give me a call here at the shop and I will be more than happy to go through the program with you and offer any help that I can.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:24 PM
TECH Veteran

I will be ordering mine as soon as I can. Gotta get my clutch situation squared away first. I cant wait to run it through the paces.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NXJeremy
Somebody- Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Maximizer. If you want, give me a call here at the shop and I will be more than happy to go through the program with you and offer any help that I can.
Sweet, thanks. I'll probably call Friday around noon, my day off, right before I hit the track. It's really just the gear thing that I want to learn how to do. Everything else I can live with, which is more than likely Microsoft's fault anyway.

-somebody
Old 07-26-2005, 01:18 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Somebody09
Sweet, thanks. I'll probably call Friday around noon, my day off, right before I hit the track. It's really just the gear thing that I want to learn how to do. Everything else I can live with, which is more than likely Microsoft's fault anyway.

-somebody
Yea, I agree that some of the features on the Maximizer can be a little difficult to understand, but that is typical of FJO. They put tons more into their parts than most people will ever use, but this way in the future if they decide they want it to do something else, it more than likely already has the fundamental programming in it.

Anyway, just give me a call on Fri. and we can go through it step by step if you want (or just handle the gear changing).
Old 07-26-2005, 10:57 PM
TECH Resident

Any news on when or if it will be able to pull timing on an LS1?
Old 07-27-2005, 09:05 AM
FormerVendor

It doesn't yet, but they are already working on the first downloadable upgrade in software. I haven't been told what all exactly will be in this download, but we have made them aware of people wanting this feature. It shouldn't be too long for this first download to become availible.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:01 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Sorry for the delay on timing retard, I have not had the funds laying around to order the timing tuner and see, what, where, when, and how they are doing what it is they are doing...
Ricky
Old 07-27-2005, 12:49 PM
TECH Veteran

We want "steps" in the ramp
Atleast 2 of them

BTW...you guys kick ***!
Old 07-27-2005, 03:58 PM
FormerVendor

I have been told by the guys at FJO that they are working on having multiple points on the progressive graph. Ex: Right now there are only two points on the graph (start power, final power), so in the next downloadable update there should be multiple points that are in between the start power and final power. This way you can begin the ramp slowly then speed it up, visa versa, or even ramp it up quickly and back down again for turbo/blower applications.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:46 AM
TECH Veteran

exactly!!! Thats great.