Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Help me my car is possesed, the windows keep rolling down!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 11:14 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help me my car is possesed, the windows keep rolling down!

ok the problem is that the windows in the car keep rolling down by themselfs. this has been happening for about two weeks now and i do not know how to fix it. at first i would just pull the window fuse and that seem to fix it, now yesterday i went to the mall and came out of sears and the car was sitting in BFE, which is where i ususally park, and the windows were down, all my stuff was still in the car, cell phone, stereo, blockbuster videos and cds, i guess that i am lucky. ok last night i cut the wire that rolls down the windows form the DEI 530 and this morning the windows are dowm again. what is left to do besides unhook the 530t? is there somehting that i am missing? please help, i do not want my stuff stolen and it seem to rain here ever few days and i am tried of my car getting rained in because the windows are down in the morning!

'shakes head in frustration'
dustin
Old 07-24-2005, 11:31 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by spdracer
ok the problem is that the windows in the car keep rolling down by themselfs. this has been happening for about two weeks now and i do not know how to fix it. at first i would just pull the window fuse and that seem to fix it, now yesterday i went to the mall and came out of sears and the car was sitting in BFE, which is where i ususally park, and the windows were down, all my stuff was still in the car, cell phone, stereo, blockbuster videos and cds, i guess that i am lucky. ok last night i cut the wire that rolls down the windows form the DEI 530 and this morning the windows are dowm again. what is left to do besides unhook the 530t? is there somehting that i am missing? please help, i do not want my stuff stolen and it seem to rain here ever few days and i am tried of my car getting rained in because the windows are down in the morning!

'shakes head in frustration'
dustin
i woudl guess its the pwoer window system is loose or..something and it cant keep the strength to hold th window up...i dont kno never heaed the problem before so as far as blank guesses got hats all i can give
Old 07-24-2005, 12:02 PM
On The Tree

what do you mean by not having enoug power to hold up the windows, like my battery is going dead or there is a lose connection or somehting like that? i have cut the window control wires to the 530t to see if that helps, but well see.

thanks for the reply and suggestions
dustin
Old 07-24-2005, 12:14 PM
On The Tree

Maybe you have a bad window regulator?Bot shorting out but just doesn't have enough strength to hold the windows in place?
Old 07-24-2005, 12:51 PM
TECH Resident

what do you mean by not having enoug power to hold up the windows, like my battery is going dead or there is a lose connection or somehting like that? i have cut the window control wires to the 530t to see if that helps, but well see.

thanks for the reply and suggestions
dustin
try holding a 10 lb weight straight out in front of you, eventually it will start dropping, my guess that si what is happing to your window, the motor doesnt ahve the "Strength" to hold it up...liek the post before this one, its hard to explain when i have never seen how the power window works...havnet had a problem with mine yet
Old 07-24-2005, 01:19 PM
On The Tree

so is there a regulator for both of the windows, both the windows are rolling down. i need to replace the passenger window, because the motor is going bad and was planning on replacing both at the same time. where is the regulator and how would i check it?

dustin
Old 07-24-2005, 01:53 PM
12 Second Club

it would be odd if it were a mechanical issue and both sides started doing it at the same time. In comparison, when i took my window motor out my windows didnt come down, i beleive that the motor kind of locks in place and the regulator can't move when it is in but not moving, but with it out there should be no other force except for friction or something holding the entire assembly up.

Does anybody know in which direction that spring pushes the window (the one you have to watch out for when replacing the window motor). That may be broken or something, but that would only be the case if the spring actually aided in holding the window up, i dont know exactly what it does.
Old 07-24-2005, 03:41 PM
TECH Resident

so is there a regulator for both of the windows, both the windows are rolling down. i need to replace the passenger window, because the motor is going bad and was planning on replacing both at the same time. where is the regulator and how would i check it?

dustin
maybe somone just has a spare door key adn is ******' with you heh heh, i have no idea thats quite odd
Old 07-24-2005, 05:30 PM
On The Tree

There is a post somewhere on this site about replacing repairing power windows. Apparently their notorious for going bad. I haven't had any trouble with mine ecxpet when it gets cold and they have a tendancey not to want to do anything. Lemme see if I can find that post.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....1&postcount=18
Old 07-25-2005, 07:35 PM
On The Tree

ok i plan on replacing the motors in both the doors at the same time (hopefully soon), the passengers side is already starting to not work. as for the windows rolling down, they did not roll down last night or today while i was work so maybe it is fixed! thanks for all the help and the info on changing the window motors link!

dustin

Quick Reply: Help me my car is possesed, the windows keep rolling down!