Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where can I get higher thermostats for a NOS heater?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 02:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Where can I get higher thermostats for a NOS heater?

Over the winter I switched from a NOS system to a NX system. But I kept the NOS heater pad. I know all of NX's ratings are bases on higher bottle pressures. Where can I pick up replacement thermostat elements to increase the shutoff pressure for the pad? I'd prefer to stay with that method as opposed to the pressure element because, in my opinion it's safer. I remember a post a few years back of someone buying a dozen sets of them to meet the minimum order requirements. Anyone remember who it was or where he ordered them from?

Thanks.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yes, yes and yes. In my web site in the links section is the thermastats needed and i think the company. Three reasons I like this set-up: NOS heater is 300watt and heats in 80% of time the 240 watts take; using the 95* stats will put bottle pressure at 1150; much, much cleaner look not having mech transducer hanging off bottle and you need one for each bottle if using more than one, not so with thermastat type as they just come off with heater when changing bottle. If you need more info on where/who let me know.
Robert
Old 07-26-2005, 06:30 PM
11 Second Club

Great, thanks Robert