Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Theft Deterrent - Weird Behavior

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 06:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Theft Deterrent - Weird Behavior

Anyone with a suggestion on this one?

97 Formula convertible ...

After arming the factory theft system with the key fob, the horns blare and the lights flash after opening the trunk with the key. Same thing sometimes happens if the door is unlocked with the key.

Any ideas on how to stop this?

Can I just pull a fuse and disable the whole system?

Thanks!
Old 07-24-2005, 06:57 PM
12 Second Club

uhhh.....duh?? isnt the alarm supposed to go off when you open the hatch?? I mean, thats what you arm your car for right? Maybe I'm just reading it wrong....
Old 07-24-2005, 08:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 02Z28EVLM04
uhhh.....duh?? isnt the alarm supposed to go off when you open the hatch?? I mean, thats what you arm your car for right? Maybe I'm just reading it wrong....

I must be reading it the same way...

What do you think the security system is for?! Just unlock it with the fob. It will unarm the alarm when you push the remote unlock button. W/o pressing that it will just go nuts thinking someone is picking the lock and opening the car.
Old 07-24-2005, 09:18 PM
On The Tree

The alarm will go off if it is armed and you don't disarm it. I know when you unlock the driver side without disarming itthere is an 8 second delay until you put the key in the ignition and turn the car on. The it recogizes the key and shuts the alarm off. Just disarm it before you unlock anything or open anything. If I'm reading what you wrote the car is just protecting itself and doing it's job. For all it knows you've just broken into it because the alrm was set.