Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

I have found the ULTIMATE under-car drop light

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 10:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I have found the ULTIMATE under-car drop light

Tap Lights, remember those? The 6" battery powered mini dome light thingies? My solid mount torque arm has been extra noisy lately and I just wanted to peek under and make sure it was still tight. Looking for a light to bring outside with me, I grabbed one of those we had lying around. It never occured to me how perfect they are for working under a car! They sit flat so you never have to worry about getting it to point in the right direction or being blinded by the bulb, give off a good amount of light, don't have wires to get stuck under the wheels of the creeper, and most importantly, will never burn off the top 3 layers of your forarm if they fall on you.

Just thought I'd share
Old 07-25-2005, 01:42 AM
Teching In

An added bonus is that I think we have about 6 of them sitting in a closet collecting dust...now I have a good use for them.

Rob
Old 07-25-2005, 05:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

i bought one at a dollar store once, might have to use it, good idea
Old 07-25-2005, 12:54 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pete2k_Z28
most importantly, will never burn off the top 3 layers of your forarm if they fall on you.
The shop I woked ant had one of these in my bay and I always told Ron , the owner, I was going to smash the damb thing. After about 8 months I wasn't paying attion one day and left it under a car when I let the hoist down. I was so glad when I saw that it was bent to hell MAC and Matco sell halogens with ruber ends, so when I drop them they don't break or pop the bulb.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I agree, they're no good for lifts. I'd never even think about using one when I worked in shops. But for the average on-their-back garage mechanic these things are ****

Quick Reply: I have found the ULTIMATE under-car drop light