Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Put LTs on took off EGR/AIR now runs 14's

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 04:43 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Put LTs on took off EGR/AIR now runs 14's

I need some help, dont know if this is where it should go, but here it is.
I put Long Tube headers/ORY on 1 week, a friend of mine helped me who knew what he was doing, anyways we took both coil packs off and he unplugged some things, i think some fuel lines. Put the headers on and reused to stock manifold gaskets. We cut the AIR tube and pinched it shut so no air could get in or out and completly took the EGR/AIR thing off and pulled the AIR lines off the AIR pump. Put stock 02s back up front and put 02 sims on back. it was getting late so we put the coil packs on and my other friend forgot to plug the Driver side coil back on so we started the car and it was only running off of 4 cylinders. We plugged it back in and called it a day. Now the SES lights on which I figured must be from taking off EGR/AIR which people told me it would be from, but I took my car to the track and both times ran 14.4/14.3. I raced a bone stock 99 camaro Z28 and he pulled on me and Im a bolton car. I took it to Autozone to get the codes read and 11 codes popped up, some igniton codes, some coolent code, EGR codes. Anyways what do you guys think could be making my car run like ****?? it Idles at 600rpm and when im at a light it almost seems to want to die for a sec, but doesnt do it all the time. Someone said maybe a vacuum leak, but me and my friend looked everything over and noticed nothing unhooked. How would i know if the manifold gaskets where leaking?? Also my friend was told it could be going into LIMP HOME MODE or something like that from taking off EGR/AIR but LS1 people have told me it wouldnt be causing that. So im kinda stuck at the moment.
Thanks for any help.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How close are you to Lincoln Ne? I'll put HP tuners on it if you can get here. BTW, unhook the battery overnight or pull all the PCM fuses and reset the PCM so its has to relearn eveything. Then let us know where you stand...

Tom