Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Dumps!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 06:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default No Dumps!

I have been looking for a TD setup for a long time, but all of the setups that i have seen so far have the pipes dump at or before the axle. Id like to minimize the noise inside the cabin so i want the duals to be taken all the way back. Does anyone have this setup? any pictures? or even any information about this? thanks a bunch!
Old 07-26-2005, 06:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UnZFeat'd
I have been looking for a TD setup for a long time, but all of the setups that i have seen so far have the pipes dump at or before the axle. Id like to minimize the noise inside the cabin so i want the duals to be taken all the way back. Does anyone have this setup? any pictures? or even any information about this? thanks a bunch!
search
Old 07-26-2005, 06:46 PM
TECH Junkie

many have gone out the backdone, its just much cheaper to dump it. Bassani makes a full TD system for us that goes out the back. u will find a lot with the search if u use the right terms
Old 07-26-2005, 06:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Agreed...A search will pull up a lof of info on this...

But, the only places that I currently know of that sell a custom pre-made true dual system that run all the way out the back are Speed Inc (performance shop) and Bassani (not sure if you can only get them directly through them or if other shops carry it). Either way, both are high quality set-ups made to fit your car with no problems. They're also very expensive, so keep that in mind. Obviously, Bassani uses Bassani mufflers in their system while I believe Speed Inc will use just about any muffler (Dynomax, Magnaflows, Twisters, etc.) that you want...

Check out www.LS1speed.com for more info on their set-up and Bassani's will come up in a search...

Good luck,

Mike
Old 08-03-2005, 01:25 AM
12 Second Club

Make sure you don't make the mistake I made. Absolutely do not compromise on your duals. I lost ~25 rwhp by going with non-professional duals out the back. Got 'em back by going with quality Speed Inc duals. So do it right!
Old 08-03-2005, 03:04 AM
TECH Resident

what kind did you get? and what did you pay for them? do they go all the way? you may have to PM me..
Old 08-03-2005, 02:11 PM
12 Second Club

I got the dumps from Speed Inc, so I don't know what you would pay for the out-the-back setup from them. It's a bit, from what I hear, but worth it. My crummy Merlin Muffler "duals" not only lost me 25 RWHP, but also were melting my brake line. So you get what you pay for.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:33 PM
10 Second Club

i have the bassani tru-duals on both cars. click links in sig to see pics of it installed. you can get it from bassani or any dealers like vinci high performance like i did. http://www.vincihighperformance.com/...s1exhaust.html