Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

67 - 68 Corvette Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 08:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 67 - 68 Corvette Questions

I was recently asked to help with restoring a '67 Corvette 327 350HP. I do not know if this is the original motor or not but I really do not know how to check. My questions are where can I find a wiring schematic for the front headlights? The car is currenty missing really bad and I am guessing that the timing is way off. The car has not been ran since '82 and has been sitting in this shop collecting dust since. He said he drove the car in the shop, hasn't touched anything. Any suggestions on what to check? The car is pretty much rust free, it does a little surface rust but it can easily be ground off without taking much metal at all. The car is in really good shape for it's age and for what it's duty has been, collecting dust, but where to start. Any sites for a guide or what-not? Any advice would greatly be appreciated, he also has another 427 '68, once again I do not know if this is the factory motor but he says it's supposed to be, that will be coming up next for a ground-up restoration. It has the front end, rear end, interior, dash, frame rails, suspension, the car is in a million pieces and he can not afford to pay someone to do this for him. I asked about buying either of the cars and he says if I will help he would consider GIVING me one. That would be sweet but once again, where in the world to start??? I am by no means an expert mechanic but I can "hold my own" I guess so to speak. Or maybe it should be a better way to say it by saying I can follow instructions to the t. Thanks for the help in advance. And like I said, any links to help would definately be great.