Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

installed slp straight muffler for reso....

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 12:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default installed slp straight muffler for reso....

ok, as it is known.....our rides really lose there refined tone (though a very subjective topic...) as soon as you install lon tubes and a slp loudmouth.

With my motor, the dyantechs with cats, the loudmouth and with no exagerration....i have never heard anything as loud, abnoxious and BADASS!!...as my ride(no exageration!!!) the only thing that came close was a pro mod car or a pure breed nascar..seriously.....

So i decided to try this out (slp race muffler, the new one) to see wat it might do before taking any other action.

I was skeptical.........and how wrong i was!!

The car, after the install, sounds very deep and the overall tone has gone to a lower register of frequency.....while minimizing the rasp to almost nothing and quiting her down close to 25% at idle. Really docile, civil tone is wat i van describe it as at idle and when daily driving...yet still a head turner...thas for sure....

The obsession about stangs sounding better i feel is now over!! (if even that...) THsi new muffler sounds great and flow good. I cant word it how amazing she sounds and drives now...i guess due to the more restrictive (if any restriction though i know there is some), the stall now feels tightr around town and more fun to drive!!! yank ss3600

For only 99 bucks, this muffler has, like a bolra xr-1 to the ones that have tried one......transformed this drag-only sound into a rumbling beast....again...i exagerate not, nd im not trying to sell this product to anyone...but sharing my feelings about a product that was looked at skeptically (i did....) and how its performance has completely made me look at it in another, positve and recommendable...way ( i guess that is the right word to use.... )

If you are sick of your tone and want to try something different, that will make your ride sound like an old school muscle street machine, and affordable.... dont over look this product....i garuantee (spell check) you wont be disappointed.....

check itout, still unsure? I will have a clip soon, as soon as i get the digi-cam working.... so all can see and hear....

thanks for your time,
Angel