Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

What are you guys running???

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 06:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are you guys running???

Hi...I live on the central coast of australia...im building a "Modified Street" drag car and am wondering what kind of numbers you guys are running on the strip with SBC. The class rules are as followes in a nut shell.... standard rear end exept for tubs and boxing of the rear conrol arms. 9inches are alowed with mods to rear suspension...but no 4link or ladders allowed. I have a 88 Holden VL calais with tubs and a 12 point cage...I have had engine plates made up for a SBC chev as appose to the standard holden block supplied with the car. I want to build a solid engine for it and the class allows for the conversion to a SBC but im only allowed to run a single turbo... what kind of numbers are you guys running with basically a standard chassis and 28x10.5 MT's on the strip and also what kind of numbers are you's making on the dyno... there is no restrictions on head type or block size so im considering a pair of little chiefs and a iron eagle bored out to about 427ci. Any feedback will help..thanks....
Old 07-31-2005, 09:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you can use a 106 mm turbo the skys the limit.traction will probably be your worst enemy.maybe someone with a 7 second car will chime in and help out.