Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 01:19 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Problem!

Ok, so I get out and I start to cut the I-pipe with the Cutter i got from Autozone, a tailpipe cutter. It cut most of the way through I think, but it won't cut all the way. The cut piece still feels in their pretty good, what else can I try, I have limited tools to so... Thanks for helping a simpleton!

EDIT: Also, I hear a loud snapping sound also when I go into one of the cuts
Old 07-30-2005, 02:43 PM
TECH Regular

nm, I din't look carefully, but the tool just dug in further by the handle so tried and rearranged it and got it. Don't think I got it tight enough, but I didn't have time to finish it... finish it up tommorow
Old 07-30-2005, 02:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is that one of those bicycle chain looking cutters with the little sharp wheels? That I-pipe is tough to cut, but it will work. Just takes some time and muscle. Rent or borrow a sawzall or get in there with a hacksaw. It's doable. Where on the I-pipe are you cutting, above the axle?
Old 07-30-2005, 06:01 PM
TECH Regular

ya, I cut before the axle, it was a pain with that chain tool. I definatly have leakage since the clamps won't tighten all way, I'll try and get back under there to tighten it all the way but I'm gonna go ahead and get it welded in...