Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Headlight Help Needed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 07:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight Help Needed!!!

It seems that my right (passenger side) headlight aims higher then my left one. Is there a way to adjust it so that I can bring the right side light down a little? It needs to be adjusted. I know on my camaro it has a screw that you turn, but I am lost on the 99 Trans Am. Also, on the T/A, when the headlights are up, the black plastic surrounding them seems to be hanging down a little at the top where the metal meets the plastic. Anyway to fix that? Anyone know what I am talking about? lol. The plastic that surrounds the headlights, the top isnt meeting the metal of the underside of the light. Anyone know how to pull that back up? Thanks
Old 07-30-2005, 09:18 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

The headlights on the Trans Am are aimed using a screw to the side and above the light.

* Pop-up the lights
* Looking at them from the front, you should see a hole in the plastic immediately to the side and top of each sealed beam unit.
* Use and allen or torx (I forget which) and turn the adjuster in or out
* The adjuster above the light adjusts up/down
* The adjuster to the side of the light adjusts left/right
* Each sealed-beam unit is adjusted independently
Old 07-31-2005, 12:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok thanks. But does anyone know how to tighten up the black plastic around the headlights? Cause the top plastic piece, closest to the top of the headlight, is hanging down a little bit, like I can push it up quite a bit. I was wondering if there was a way to tighten it up or push it back into place.