Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Removal?

Old 08-03-2005, 11:54 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Removal?

Gonna be buying LTs & an ORY (probably Kooks) & I figured I'd remove my AIR system while I'm doing it to clean up the engine bay & save some weight. I've heard that you'll throw a code in a week or two of normal driving. I can't have any SES lights up since I live in NY and you can't pass inspection with an SES light. Anyways, I plan on using O2 sims so I don't throw a code by eliminating the cats. Will that also take care of the AIR removal code? Or do I need to get it tuned to remove that code like EGR? Will LS1Edit remove that code? I'm thinking about buying one so if I need to, it'll just end up on the AMEX card with my headers, y, etc etc.

CREDIT CARD BILLS!
Old 08-03-2005, 12:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will need to get it tuned to remove the code. I'd recommend removing air and egr, with deletion of the codes. That **** does nothing but get in the way.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

LS1edit will take make it ignore that ses code, the same as the EGR. But I would say that if you have ls1edit, or are paying to get those codes, tuned you might as well have the rear o2s tuned out as well, instead of getting sims. Might keep a little bit more off of your credit card
Old 08-03-2005, 12:04 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by blkZ28spt
You will need to get it tuned to remove the code. I'd recommend removing air and egr, with deletion of the codes. That **** does nothing but get in the way.
No EGR on an 02 car but I know what you mean. Just clutters **** up. Will LS1Edit be able to remove the AIR code?
Old 08-03-2005, 12:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SilverWS6_2002
No EGR on an 02 car but I know what you mean. Just clutters **** up. Will LS1Edit be able to remove the AIR code?
My bad, didn't think. Yes, LS1 edit can do that.

Edit: It can delte O2 codes as well.

Edit: Wow, this thread blew up. That has already been covered....
Old 08-03-2005, 12:05 PM
Staging Lane

Default Thanks!

Originally Posted by 01TAFlyer
LS1edit will take make it ignore that ses code, the same as the EGR. But I would say that if you have ls1edit, or are paying to get those codes, tuned you might as well have the rear o2s tuned out as well, instead of getting sims. Might keep a little bit more off of your credit card
Wow! You musta just posted, lol. Thanks for the quick response. Good idea. I guess I'm gonna be getting LS1Edit and save some $$$ by not getting the O2 sims. Thanks guys!

Search this Thread