Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Took Off My Y Pipe Today

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 06:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Took Off My Y Pipe Today

So today i decided that the camaro wasnt flowing well enough so i decided to unbolt my Y pipe and replace it with nothing, so my exhaust flows straight through the stock headers and cats and dumps. The car sounds ridiculous and it was a very easy mod, all i had to do was modify the collector pipe so it was slightly longer so it would allow the non functional cat back to hang on the brace the Y Pipe was attached to
Old 08-03-2005, 07:01 PM
TECH Regular

i would have just done a cutout.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:49 PM
TECH Addict

I hope the I-pipe doesn't fall down from where you have it secured, otherwise it could cause some serious damage if traveling at a high speed. Why not just uninstall the catback completely?
Old 08-03-2005, 07:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

I also did the same thing a few days ago. its cheap, but kinda illegal as far as i know, exhaust set up. i highly recommend it. only problem is my o2sims are right before the exhaust opening (where my y-pipe would be) so my SES light comes on. im still looking at getting some good headers and a ORY. the sound i have now (very old school beefy deep sound) is going to be hard to beat though.

i have pictures of the set-up on my cardomain site!