Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

quick 02 sensors question

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 08:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default quick 02 sensors question

I need to finish this header install tonight.... but the passenger side front o2 sensor will not fit into the header. Can I use a rear o2 sensor on the front, or do I have to buy a new one. If I use a rear as a temp fix until a new front comes in will throw codes.

Driver side O2 fit easily on both sides so its not the headers but the threads themselves on the passenger o2 thats the problem.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:25 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

yes you can use the rear o2 sensor. The front and back ones are interchangeable.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:07 PM
11 Second Club

ok thanks...... but now another question. I went back out to finish the rest of the install which included the y-pipe. And they sent me a y-pipe for an LT-1. So now I'm screwed until I can call and get the right y-pipe shipped.

If I just use the rear O2 can I start the car up with open headers, or will all the fresh are coming in through the headers foul up the O2's or set off codes. Sorry for all the questions, but I expected to be back on the road a two days ago. Just having a lot of problems.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:08 AM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

I started the car with open headers and had the front o2 plugged in. I did not have any problem, a lot of people have gone 100 plus miles with open headers with out problems as well. Its just going to really really loud. There is a chance that the o2's will foul up due to the open air, but I would not worry about it.