Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

My car got hit, while parked. WTF?(long)

Old 08-04-2005, 05:53 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy My car got hit, while parked. WTF?(long)*Pic added!*

Yep, as the title says. I was in my shop at work. One of the new guys comes in and asked to speak to me outside and proceds to tell me he backed into my car. I remained calm and said to give me a sec. Went in, told my buddies to come out with me and we went out to the parking lot. Well, he drives some old POS Jeep Camanche(sp?). As he was backing up, I guess he was turning(the spaces are angled) and hit my passenger side. He hit it right where the bumper cover meets the fender with the headlight. As you probally have figured out by now, weak spot. Well the fender is cracked all the way to the fenderwell, pushed in like a ****. The bumper cover is all pushed in the same spot. My headlight and parking light are broke and I still cant find the fog light. It broke off the bracket and is somewhere in the bumper cover still attached by the wireing harness. I dont see any imediate damage to the hood in that area, however my alignment is jacked up on the drivers side. I was able to look in the inside that area with a light and all the brackets are FUBAR. I will be posting pics soon. But its ugly for me to look at. Only thing is now I have to find a good body shop here my town. Which is Yuma, AZ. So if someone is in the Pheonix area and knows of a good shop. Plz let me know. Just had to vent. Thanks.

Ski

Last edited by Rebelord; 08-19-2005 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Pic added
Old 08-04-2005, 07:36 AM
Launching!

I have the EXACT same thing happen! I forget how much it cost, but the one nice thing was.... No more little dings on the front bumper and fender lol. Just trying to give u a "good/decent" way to look at it! Goodluck finding a good shop, some of the best can get sloppy!
Old 08-04-2005, 08:03 AM
Launching!

Sorry to hear that, but at least he came in and said something about it! Most people would've just left
Old 08-04-2005, 01:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Exactly, at least he had the integrity to tell you that he hit your car, and not run off like a *****. Just my opinion.
James
Old 08-04-2005, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

i had my front bumper/driver fender damaged just like that.. i sort of mentioned the hood looked a little messed up to the body shop too and they said i wouldnt need a new hood but i convinced em to take out some dents and repaint it.. new front end, = 500$
Old 08-04-2005, 08:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear that
so what happend with the guy? did yall get the insurance on it or did yall settle on a price with out the insureance?
Old 08-05-2005, 07:04 AM
12 Second Club

Thanks for the info/input. Well, since it was on a military installation. I work on Harriers. We had to call PMO/MPs to come fill out a accident report. They took pictures and statements. Oh yea, the guy. He's the "boot" that just checked in about a month ago, I am the senior Seargent on N/C. So needless to say he was a little scared. But yea, I have his insurance. They called me today while I was passed out. Have to call them tommorow to see whats up. Its USAA. So if any one has past experience with them input would be appreciated. I dont know if there going to tell me to bring it somewhere or just cut me check. Guess, I'll find out tommorow, errr today. Well, being N/C our days are kinda wierd. Thanks.

Ski
Old 08-05-2005, 08:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

USAA insurance is great. My wifes dad is retired Air Force. We have all our insurance through them. Never had a problem with the couple of claims that we have had through the years. Good Luck. Sorry to hear about the accident.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:56 AM
12 Second Club

TTT, I added a pic.

Ski
Old 08-19-2005, 06:59 AM
12 Second Club

wow, yours is way worse than mine. mine has about a one inch rip in the same spot, basically the same angle of impact just less impact, i posted mine a little while ago. My paint was scuffed up, your paint doesnt look too bad but that could just be the color.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:38 AM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i had one verysimilar and the insurance company qouted me $2200 to fix it.....
Old 08-19-2005, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CompTA
Sorry to hear that, but at least he came in and said something about it! Most people would've just left
Yeah, like me
Old 08-19-2005, 09:36 AM
12 Second Club

Yep, USAA is paying out $2900 to get it fixed, plus a free rental for me while it gets fixed. I also have a SS spoiler there painting for me and there filling in the holes in the front fascia where the factory grill sits. So, all in all it should be nice. Pretty soon I should have an SS hood also. I will have the hood, spoiler, wheels. But I'm not putting on the badges. Dont need to be a "super poser". But I like the looks. Laterz all

Ski

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My car got hit, while parked. WTF?(long)