Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Alpine SPS-170A 6 1/2's install help

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 02:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Alpine SPS-170A 6 1/2's install help

Ok guys I purchased some Alpine SPS-170A 6 1/2's to replace my front speakers in my camaro and I've been using the write up from this site but i can't figure out exactly how to wire them up. I understand the mid bass part but im having trouble with the tweeter part with the capacitor. Heres what im getting from the write up correct me if im wrong here. There is a negative(black wire) coming off the capacitor going to a metal prong and then there is a positive that goes to a metal prong and then has a wire(grey/clear) going to the speaker. Do i just undo the wires from the prongs and hook them up. Like the black wire(ground) to the ground in the car harness and then undo the wire coming from the capacitor to the prong and also undo the wire that goes off the prong to the speaker and connect them together and then hook them into the car harness? I just don't want to mess the new speakers up and im a little confussed on this.

Thanks
Jon

Quick Reply: Alpine SPS-170A 6 1/2's install help