Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How bad will this sound..

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 03:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How bad will this sound..

Everyone says that longtubes and a loudmouth sound like garbage. I don't mind a little rasp. This is the list of parts I hope FedEX can get to me before next weekend. Pacesetter LT's, ORY, 232-234-112lsa, and some other goodies. I cant find any soundclips close to this set up on an lS1 car I'm afraid that my car is going to sound like an overgrown ricer.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

its not going to sound like an overgrown ricer, its going to sound like a mix of a dump truck and what alot of redneck trucks sound like.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It won't sound like an overgrown ricer. It will be loud. You may like it. A lot of the loudmouth with headers is the worst sound ever is just a bunch of repeated words. I've never heard it in real life, just like half of the people that say it sounds terrible. If you already have it, try it out and see if you like it. The only sound clip I ever heard of a cammed, loudmouth, headers, orp, sounded good to me (no rasp, just loud) Then again you don't hear rasp in revving very much.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 777
I've never heard it in real life, just like half of the people that say it sounds terrible. If you already have it, try it out and see if you like it.
good advice..

way too many people repeat things like that without even the slightest clue. so many say you can run this cam on the street, or this exhaust wont work, or sounds like **** and so on...

I've heard LT/ORY/LM and it sounded good, but loud...
Old 08-04-2005, 03:34 PM
TECH Junkie

I like loud. I had Jet Hot LT's, ORY, and LM. A little rasp is an understatement. Drone is another issue aside from rasp. The drone drove me nucking futs. I swapped the LM resonator for a borla xr-1. Still loud as hell, but the drone is bearable now and the rasp went way way way down.

If I were you, I would pick up an LM2. That way you can easily swap the resonator for a muffler if you don't like it.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Opps.. Just caught that your LM is already on the way. No biggie though. If you don't like it, it's really easy to pop an xr-1 in place of the resonator
Old 08-04-2005, 03:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or a sweet thunder. I know mine sound good, I've never heard a "thundermouth" or a "sweetmouth"
Old 08-04-2005, 03:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TAQuickness
Opps.. Just caught that your LM is already on the way. No biggie though. If you don't like it, it's really easy to pop an xr-1 in place of the resonator

The loudmouth has been on the car for over a year and I like it. I've never heard a loudmouth with an ORY and headers. I'm guessing the xr-1 is a muffler. Whats up with the LM2? I do have a Borla muffler to make a Borlamouth if need be. Thanks for the quick replies. I'll post a vid in two weeks ( if all goes well ) when its done so we all can hear it
Old 08-04-2005, 04:04 PM
TECH Junkie

yes, xr-1 = borla xr-1 = a bad *** muffler. LM2 is SLP's answer to the borla mouth.

thunder mouth sounds like a good idea too.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:04 PM
TECH Addict

A good friend of mine has the Loudmouth with Pacesetter LTs and ORY. Yes, it is VERY loud. Like well past obnoxious loud for most people. Then he added an FM13 cam and it got even louder!

Some will like the sound, others will hate it. I personally think it isn't too bad. Lots of rasp and gurgle and such, but it sounds unique and powerful.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:03 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Brandon
way too many people repeat things like that without even the slightest clue. so many say you can run this cam on the street, or this exhaust wont work, or sounds like **** and so on...
you guys are so mean, ive never even seen a camaro... in real life

haha besides sound value, ls1sounds gives people a good idea, w/ LM, the XR-1 is your friend
Old 08-04-2005, 08:08 PM
TECH Resident

I have LT/ORY/LM

I like it, its not the best most amazing sound ever, but its a real LOUD sound. TD all the way out the back IMO is the best sounding exhaust, It does get raspy/droney if you baby it around, but when your like me and dont pay for gas you just rip everywhere and youll like the way it sounds
Old 08-04-2005, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by T-maxx
Everyone says that longtubes and a loudmouth sound like garbage....
It doesnt sound like garbage, it sounds like a garbage truck!
I had that setup for about 10 min., until I dropped in a moroso spiral flow for the resonator.
I have true duals now, wouldnt trade it for anything.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:14 PM
Teching In

I have Mac midlengths, ORY, and a loudmouth with H/C and personally i don't like it. From 2000 to 2500 RPM's the rasp is ridiculous. When everything was installed my friends welder wouldn't work so the y- pipe just slid inside the catback with about 1/2" of clearance all aroud and it sounded great, but as soon as i got it welded together YUCK!!! I'll probably just put a cutout in the intermediate pipe. Take this from someone who drives it everyday you more than likely will hate it.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JBIRD02
It doesnt sound like garbage, it sounds like a garbage truck!
I had that setup for about 10 min., until I dropped in a moroso spiral flow for the resonator.
I have true duals now, wouldnt trade it for anything.
I resent that garbage truck comment Jbird
Old 08-05-2005, 03:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by T-maxx
I resent that garbage truck comment Jbird
oh, c'mon now, dont be mad .....I was just speaking from experience, I loved my LM til I got headers & ory

Last edited by JBIRD02; 08-05-2005 at 03:55 PM.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 777
Or a sweet thunder. I know mine sound good, I've never heard a "thundermouth" or a "sweetmouth"
"sweetmouth" that sounds like a redneck movie title!

I just got my (XR-1) borlamouth with a Bassani ORY. I Love the sound. My wife likes the sound too. It can get deafning at WOT, and a nice deep rumble at idle all the sounds in between are dependant on your foot. My wife asked me if it will help with gas mileage I said no because the foot is down more often to let the V8 synphony sing its siren song.

The Car will be up for a cam in a couple of months I don't know how much will that change the sound but it should be even better.