Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS6 intake install

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 06:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS6 intake install

I finally got an LS6 intake and I have a few questions,I would greatly appreciate any help as this is the last thing holding up my cam.First,there is 3 flanged tubes coming off my headers,only one on the passenger side is blocked off,is that the only one that needs be?Also,how could I clean it up real good,spray it at the car wash ?
Old 08-04-2005, 09:18 PM
TECH Regular

I cleaned the new intake and intake entry ports on top of each head with carb cleaner and a rag. Don't break the oil sensor found at the back of the intake. Torque the intake bolts per haynes specs in the proper sequence. Get new intake gaskets.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well..there should only be two "flanged" things on your headers on the passangers side..the one that is blocked off is your egr..the top one..(and the same one thats on the driver side) is the AIR tube ..if theyre both still hooked up then obv. you still have AIR on the car so leave it. as long as there is no hole for egr on your ls6 intake..(directly behind the throttle body on the intake) then you dont have to plug anything else.. make sure you double check your torque specs,make sure you hooked up your vacuum hoses on the back of the intake,and off you go..since you already did the install im assuming you have the crossover tube and plugs for the ls6 intake as if you didnt it wouldnt sit right..not trying to step on your toes...i just dont know what you know or dont know..
matt
Old 08-05-2005, 01:21 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

I just used a rag and some water to get all the crap out of the intake. It worked pretty good for me, and cleaned up really good.
Old 08-05-2005, 02:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Would there be any reason I couldnt spray at the car wash,anything to look out for?I want to clean it inside and out so it looks new because its also going on with custom FRCs I fixed up.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:05 PM
TECH Resident

No real reason you can't clean it at the car wash, just make sure you get all the soap out of it will burn off. Using brake cleaner would work real well though, or a degreaser, just dilute it alot.