Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

K&N and MTI sealing

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 07:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K&N and MTI sealing

I bought my car used in 2003 with about 23k miles. It had on it from the previous owner, among other things, an MTI lid and a K&N air filter. It has just occured to me that the filter doesn't seem to fit inside the lid. There is no foam sealant as I though there was supposed to be with a K&N for F-bodies, so I'm worried that the filter isn't sealing to the lid. Are there any ways to check? And if it's not sealed, what's the best way to make it seal to the lid?
Old 08-04-2005, 07:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't have a seal on mine either, been running it like that for 5 months or so.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:11 PM
Staging Lane

The only think I could think of to check is to take out that sensor in the side of it and shove my air compressor fitting into it and see where air comes out.

I'd rather not run my car any longer than it has to with some unfiltered air if the seal isn't being made...
Old 08-05-2005, 08:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

The K&N filters for the f-bodies are supposed to come with a strip of foam "tape". If you call K&N and tell them your filter didn't come with the foam, they will usually send you one at no cost.
JC