Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which one or maybe more (exhaust) ??????

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 08:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Which one or maybe more (exhaust) ??????

Once the mods are done in my sig below, I'm going with True Duals. should I cap them off wtih Dynomax's, Borla XR-1 racing mufflers, or somethin' else? What's gonna' sound beter, give me more power, and keep me out of jail?
Old 08-05-2005, 08:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im quite happy with my moroso spiral flows. from what i have seen they are not restrictive at all. i dont think they are that loud. have not had any problems with cops. have you tried ls1sounds.com?
Old 08-05-2005, 11:32 AM
TECH Resident

the cheapest will be sweet thunders or the the TSP setup, flow and price wise, thats the best, sound and ticketing wise the XR-1 will be the best, depends on what you want, but they typically wont ticket you for the exhaust, they'll pull you over for it and try to find something else they can ticket you for, but i wouldnt worry
Old 08-05-2005, 12:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just installed a Borlamouth in my ride with ORY. It has the XR-1 muffler in place of the resonator and it sounds awesome. It is a straight trough muffler, here is a pict of the interior:

I would definately recommend a true dual with 2 of these muflers.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:09 PM
TECH Junkie

My vote is for the XR-1. I did the same as killer and replace my LM resonator with one. Very nice muffler and well worth the money IMO
Old 08-05-2005, 12:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well, I'm debating a similar issue. I have a 3" Borla catback and thinking of having the Borla muffler removed and replace it with a straight pipe so exhaust flows out BOTH sides. Borla round XR-1 racing mufflers will be welded in each side of the ORY-pipe. I believe this will cut down a LOT on the raspiness I get now between 2000-3000 rpm. If it's to much noise, I can easily bolt in a resonatoror another XR1 in place of the short intermediary pipe that bolts up to the ORY-pipe collector.

I also believe this setup will flow much better than pushing the full exhaust through the current rear, multi-chambered, oval muffler coming out ONE tailpipe. If it works well, I'll post it on LS1sounds.com .... can't find anyone here who has done this, so, will let you know what it sounds like when it's done.

I posted this in another thread this morning, but, nobody seemd too interested in commenting on it. Instead of True Duals, I think I'm going this route, even though I thought I had made up my mind on True Duals. This is cheaper and seems to be real easy to do. Anybody think I'll be happy with dyno results if I do this? I believe it will allow for much better straight-thru flow ... coming out of both sides of the exhaust. Right now, the exhaust is pushed therough the Borla chambered muffler through only one side of tailpipes. The right-side tailpipe is blocked completely on the Borla catback.