Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

A few kills in ocean city tonite

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 10:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few kills in ocean city tonite

Living at the beach all summer makes it hard to turn down races, but these two had it coming and I knew it wouldn't take too much to take care of business.

On about 80th street a raised and big wheeled f-150 came up in the right lane and tried decided that I had to hear the whine of his supercharger as went wot past me. I let him go but followed close enough so that I would catch the next light with him. He inched forward every two seconds even when the cross lights were green. Guess he was really anxious. I let him get the jump on green and roll out into the intersection. At about 10 mph I hit it and catch instant traction. I am not putting too much to the ground so that normally isn't hard for me. I fly by and by 60 mph I was a good two car lenghts again. I slow down because of the 40 mph speed limit and he pulls his truck in behind my car and stays behind me, lights glaring into the back of the car.

A newer bmw 525i sedan must of saw the fun and decided to have some fun. He pulls up to my rear quarter panel and hits it. I gun it going about 45 mph this time and just match his speed and by 60 I was passing up his car. With an A4 and 2.73 gears, if I can do that at 45 mph and pass him up that quickly going into my my powerband it would of gotten pretty nasty after that. Luckily, we catch a light at about 57th street or so. I roll out again giving him the jump making sure he wants to go. He went for it of course. My car rockets out with no spin at all again and by 50 mph I was a good 1.5 car lengths and gaining on him so I slow down and he flies by.

I know these are short races, but living here with the cops and the people walking around at night I wasn't willing to take it any higher. Plus, these are not turbocharged civics where they might of hit boost and flew by me, these were races where once I get the lead it is pointless to keep going when I know it would only gotten worse.

Not great races, but the ones that I will get killed badly or the ones that will be close won't work for me so I can enjoy my wins early. Car show weekend is coming up so it will get rough with the constant buzzing of fart can exhause for a few days

My car is a 1999 mystic teal camaro A4 2.73 gears. with 275/18/35 9.5 inch wide tires in the back, 255/18/35 8.5 inch tires in the front. I have crapmaster exhaust with open cut-out, fipk II intake, and nitto 555 tires. I have never had it dynoed or been to the track. It feels like one of the slower ls1's out there so I am waiting for some mods before seeing what it can do.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow you really seem to hate your car lol.

Nothing wrong with 2.73's, other than they're roll gears and you won't be doing any burouts with them stock. A stall will make it all better. I'd say you're putting around 315~ to the ground, just a ballpark estimate.

Good kills btw!
Old 08-04-2005, 11:09 PM
Teching In

OC huh? I live on the eastern shore of MD, so not too far away at all. In fact, im going to be down the 13th-20th of this month. We should hook up and cruise some or something. Also, my cars alot like yours..2000 TA, A4 w/ 2.73s, hooker catback, whisper lid, ported TB.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

oh yeah btw i've got A4 with 2.73s as well. Lid and dynomouth.
Old 08-06-2005, 11:25 PM
12 Second Club

Man your crazy for racing in OC. If you see an orange SRT4 with a loud *** BOV, or a blue SRT4 with dark rims, red gauge on A-pillar and a fat guy driving it stay away from both. Especially the blue one.