Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats it worth??

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 03:51 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats it worth??

I have a 99 B4C. Its got 108,000 miles on it. Within the last two thousand Ive had 18" Chrome Z06 wheels, new tires, new magnaflow, very mild comp cam, springs, lid, k&n, mac mids, mac ORY, 02 simms, and lowered. I had the calipers painted too. The engine was just compression checked. Not by a sponser but a very well known shop here in AZ (they did every bit of work) They also totally rebuilt and upgraded my tranny in the last 2,000 miles, and added 3.43 gears (its a A4) The interior is from a 2002, and the car was repainted and clear coated in the last 4,500 miles, the factory pewter color. I added a black SLP red bow tie grill as well, strut tower brace, and a brand new windshield. My mechanics gave it a clean bill of health, and I have receipts for all the mechanic work. I forgot to add I have a brand new SS hood, and spoiler (unpainted as of right now, and not on the car)
Im thinking greatly about selling it. I want a C5, and can pick one up for $25K or so. I already have 3 other cars. Trust me I know mods never pay off when selling, even with a huge hit, whats it worth. Its paid off 100% and I can easily sign the title if I found a buyer. Whats it worth!!

Last edited by radio626active; 08-05-2005 at 04:16 AM. Reason: added something
Old 08-05-2005, 03:54 AM
Launching!

Oh I have a PS, the issue Im having is if I dont decide to sell it, Im getting a ton of custom paint work, and a 427 added to in the coming few mths. Thats why a C5 isnt really all the crazy of a option.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:42 AM
TECH Resident

Unfortunately B4C's are the cheapest of the cheap F-bodies. A fair price to both the buyer and the seller would be $6,500-$7,000. Sorry if this is not what you want to hear. Also if you sell it now, you would lose out on most of the money you just spent in mods and repairs. That being said, if you can afford it, get the C5. It's a MUCH better car, and a better platform to mod.

Last edited by Zoltan; 08-05-2005 at 04:49 AM.
Old 08-05-2005, 02:26 PM
Launching!

How much its worth doesnt bother me at all. Cash really isnt too big of a issue. Im fairly certain I could get more then $7,000K however. The cars clean. Some like myself actually pay more for police packaged cars. Ive collected over 15, some have sold for crazy amts! I sold a 95 Caprice, for $18K two yrs ago. The car cost me $8K! But only collectors and police car nuts like me love them! I dont mind at all.
Ill gather a few thoughts from guys and see what they see on here, and locally. My mechanic gave me a good idea as to its worth as well. But I want LS1 guys thoughts. The B4C like it or hate it, is the most rare of all the Z28s. Only 197 were made in 99, and only I think 24 in pewter.
Old 08-06-2005, 02:07 PM
Launching!

t t t
Old 08-06-2005, 02:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i would think that the C5 would have a harder time to get traction if you were wanting to go dragracing dont you? i'd keep the Camaro over gettin a Vette, you've got to much invested in it to loose all of it. just my 2 cents
Old 08-06-2005, 06:27 PM
Launching!

I have no interest at all in drag racing. Its a streetcar, 100% To me the C5/C6 are so much sharper. The issue I have with the Fbody is this. No DISRESPECT to anyone on this site! But every 18/19+ year old has a fbody and thinks they're the fastest on the road. I cant tell you how many traffic lights I pull up to and kids want to race. Im no old fart, Im 32, but really dont want to race every punk kid in town. I see 100x less Vettes, and when I do see a C5 or C6 its a mature driver usually who can care less Im in a fbody. Not saying that there aren't idiots driving vettes too, but they much more rare. I like fast sports cars, but do it for my enjoyment, not to show off, or race.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by radio626active
I like fast sports cars, but do it for my enjoyment, not to show off, or race.
Not to highjack your thread, but I had a kid in a Ford Taurus "SVT" try to race me the other day, and I had to laugh.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thts a tough call. I am sure it is rare, but unfortunately, just as you said, you need a collector to collect the kind of cash you are probably looking for. I paid $15g's last year for my 30xxx WS6, and clean or not, probably couldnt get that today because there are so many cheap fbodies for sale lately. My opinion is that if money is no issue, then the $10g's at most(sorry) that you would get for it would not be worth it. Just hang onto it and buy your C5 if money is not the issue. And if YOU like the Fbody, that is all that is important. Just because the 18-19 year olds come up next to you looking to race, doesnt mean you HAVE to. I am 30 years old and usually dont feel like wasting the gas on most of the kids that try to goad me into a race. i say keep the car, buy the C5 as well. good luck.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:07 PM
TECH Resident

Radio active, have you ever driven a C5? I can show you countless former F-body owners who ugraded to a C5 and never looked back on their F-body. It's a nicer car in almost every way. If you have the means, I DEFINITELY recommend making the upgrade, you won't be sorry.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:09 PM
Launching!

The racing thing really isnt the reason for perhaps selling it. That is annoying, but no reason for me to sell. I hate having a car that everyone else has. If I keep it, Ill be doing custom paint job, and putting in a 427 just to be different. C5 owners always claim how much better their cars are and Id like to experience. Plus they look so darn nice!
Old 08-06-2005, 08:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by radio626active
The racing thing really isnt the reason for perhaps selling it. That is annoying, but no reason for me to sell. I hate having a car that everyone else has. If I keep it, Ill be doing custom paint job, and putting in a 427 just to be different. C5 owners always claim how much better their cars are and Id like to experience. Plus they look so darn nice!
But if your B4C is a 1 of xxx then not everyone has one, now do they? Keep the fbody, get a C5 ta boot.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:23 PM
Launching!

I apprecaite your line of thinking (99WS6), its actually why I got a B4C. It is much more rare, eventhough it being rare is nearly meaningless! However the real point is the big difference is in the Door code B4C! Doesnt mean a thing in daily driving. I dont need a Z28 and a C5. I already have a 95 LT1 Impala SS, and 2 other cars! I'd like one sports car! Either I'll ditch the B4C, or start sinking some big money into it!