Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Name This Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 07:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Name This Sensor

It's right after the Cat-Back on the drive side ....

I was investigating a ticking sound I hear when i start my car up at idle.. I though something was inside the cat itself, so i felt around i noticed that the sensor was jingling around the connection. ( it's tight where it meets the cat but lose where the wires leave the sensor)

does anyone know the correct name for it so i can get a replacement ????
Old 08-06-2005, 07:13 PM
IMJ
TECH Enthusiast

IT SOUNDS LIKE THE O2 sensor it bolts into the exhaust pipe with some wires coming out the end...
Old 08-06-2005, 09:53 PM
wrencher

Ya that sounds like an O2 sensor. No SES lights with this?
Old 08-06-2005, 10:11 PM
On The Tree

Well the first time My SES light came on it was the 02 sensor (driverside right at the manifold).... and the light went off after i replaced it... 2-3 months later it came back on then went away in a week.. Now it came back on like 2 weeks ago and i just removed those PCM fuses to make it go away.. the light is still off but this sensor is rattling a little when i first start the car.. it might be the reseason why it came back on but i want to replace it cuase of that little rattle...

what is the correct name of this sensor?? how many do our cars have??? is it hard to replace this sensor cuase it look like the wires just go into nomans land?
Old 08-07-2005, 12:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like the 02 dude. I had my front driver's side go out. The odd thing was that my SES light would only come on if I drove around with the a/c on for a couple of hours. I hooked up my code scanner and sure enough, it was the 02. I replaced it and haven't had an SES since, that was like 5 months ago.