View Full Version : I Think I've Been WAY Too Nice To The Dealer Where I Got My Car, What Do You Think?

COMNBYU
08-10-2005, 10:07 AM
I got my car almost a month ago from a local independent small dealer. I drove the car for about a week and the tranny broke. The car had a 30day/1k mile warranty. I take it back and he agree's to fix it no questions asked.

Two weeks later he's still looking for a place to get the tranny repaired. All of the estimates he had gotten were between $2-3k. I was getting tired of the runaround so I did something I probably shouldn't have, I offered to get a hold of a buddy of mine that is an ASE tech at a Ford dealership to see if he could do it on the side to save the dealer some money. The guy builds tranny's for a living and knows his stuff. He agree's but says it will be a week before he can get to it, no problem. The guy I bought the car from siad to go ahead and get my guy to just order the parts himself and do the whole thing.

So this week my guy calls me and tells me that the car needs a complete rebuild kit, 2nd/4th syncro's, and 2nd/4th shift forks. Says he'll do the whole job (parts & labor) for $1,5k. I call the dealer to relay the info and he tells me he wants to see if he can get the parts any cheaper himself and to just wait another day or so before doing anything.

After ALL this time and as nice and considerate as I've been, and gone out of my way, now he's trying to low ball my buddy after he cuts him a deal!!! And my car is STILL broke. At this point I don't even know if I care any more. I love the car and would like to have it [fixed], but it's not worth all this.

I feel that I've been more than considerate and I've been jerked around for the better part of a month, and now I'm being low balled after trying to HELP THE DEALER.

I'm prolly going to end up going off on him today. I'm supposed to call the guy and see what his price on the parts are. He's pushed just about every last button I have....

What should my next step be? What would you fella's do??

TIA, Jon

camarossdn
08-10-2005, 10:22 AM
:devil: :judge: :judge: :twak: :twak:

TanRchy
08-10-2005, 10:45 AM
raise some hell

Slow Z28
08-10-2005, 11:41 AM
you've waited TOO long. they offered the warranty, they HAVE to fix it. there's not a CHOICE in the matter of when they get the deal they feel "right" to them that they can fix the car. honestly, i'd tell the owner of the car lot(it's not a dealership) that he has till the end of the week to decide how he wants this handled. Hell after ONE week i'd be an asshole as to why it hasn't been worked on yet. and hell i'm IN the business too. he took the risk of his job. he offered up the warranty, unfortunately he's gonna have to lose money on this deal. owner should take it like a man and fix your car instead of being a little bitch. you are being TOO nice

baddogz28
08-10-2005, 11:51 AM
I agree, put that dealer's balls to the grindstone.

Morbid
08-10-2005, 12:50 PM
I'd just ask for my money back and find another. Not worth dealing with those kind of people.

AronZ28
08-10-2005, 01:14 PM
File a lawsuit. Tell him if the car has not gone to your friend by a certain date, you will file a suit against him in small claims court.

john_matrix
08-10-2005, 01:41 PM
http://hem.bredband.net/erynsidhe/multimedia/captures/Truelies/18.jpg

Found this one when finding pics for the stalking thread. Ok too much arnold for one day, but seriously you should be pissed! Bust their balls!

fugasi
08-10-2005, 01:41 PM
If you decide to keep the car and let him proceed and fix the car, I'd be pretty clear about wanting the 30 day warranty extended by the amount of time you didn't have the car.

FelixIlka
08-10-2005, 02:14 PM
Sadly I think there is nothing you can do.. most of those warranties will fix it for free, but it doesn't say how long it takes or a time requirement to get it fixed. I would definately mention something about getting the 30 day/1k mile thing extended..

RobertR.
08-10-2005, 04:11 PM
I'd just ask for my money back and find another. Not worth dealing with those kind of people.

Bingo :nod:

I would tell him you want something done by the end of the week or you are going to call the State Police and the the State Attourney General.

or.. he could give you your money back.

COMNBYU
08-10-2005, 05:09 PM
UPDATE:

Guy from the lot calls me and tells me to go ahead and get my guy to order the parts himself. Said that there wasn't enough difference in price to go through all of the hassle of him getting them. My response, "Yea asshole I told you that yesterday. My buddy isn't getting rich off this deal...I'm helping you out!"

So anyway the parts are being ordered today and will be here in about a week...

Jon

SixPak
08-10-2005, 07:58 PM
......next time you go there, be sure and slam your hand in the door jam of your car before you step inside. this will provide you with the proper frame of mind you'll need to deal with such a bunch of MORONS

just my $.02

:cheers: