Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

evo 7? i raced one thats right

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 02:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default evo 7? i raced one thats right

guys i dont even believe it myself ive never even seen one, i didnt even know what it was, here the situation im drving to dominoes around noon today and this funny lookin car is behind me it has luvers kinda like my 3rd gen camaro on the hood im like import, heck yea hes mine im thinkin, i live in athens alabama population of like 15 thousand so like there aint many fast cars and i sure as crap would have known about this one, so were on a two lane road right in a busy part of town, finally we get to a red light only its a dead end and hes behind me so the two cars in front of me turn right i turn right and he turns right, im so happy at this point, we turn on to highway 31 and i get in the left lane and just kinda touch the gas so he can get beside me and as soon as he turned right i swear he was on it, turbo spooling tires squellin im in heaven now, so naturally i lay the hammer down in the ole trans am and im off, im right beside him the whole time which only like 1/2 a mile, finally we fly by the two cars and a red light catches us i tell him to roll the window down and i just straight up asked him what that was, i thought it was an evo but wasnt sure, he said yea its an evo 7, i thought i kept up with him pretty good so i said i think i got u kinda jokinly and hes like not with those rims(i have 20s on my ta) so i asked him where we was from and hes from a bigger city not far away, huntsville, i asked him what he ran at the track and ull never guess what he said, 7.70 in the 1/8th of course but i was like omg, light turns red were still talkin so we just take it kinda easy off the line i have to turn into dominos soon, he was a good guy so i gave him the take it easy, and he just lets it go and it was gone, he barked in every gear, very bad cars but do they really run that fast whats the info on these bad boys?
Old 08-10-2005, 05:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am amazed. How could you possibly never have heard of a EVO 7? Been out for liek 2 years.
They are pretty fast off the line as they have AWD but the cant kep up with a stock LS1 if they are stock. At the track they can as they can jsut dump the clutch and GO. The get a mid to low 13 at the track. It dont take a ton to make them alot faster though. The fastest ones get into the 11's with stock turbo. GL

John
Old 08-10-2005, 07:40 PM
Staging Lane

http://www.fantasycars.com/sedans/html/evo7.html
Old 08-10-2005, 07:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The EVO 7's are pretty rare, the new ones out are the EVO 8's, they never sold the 7's in the US.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:53 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GhettoTy
The EVO 7's are pretty rare, the new ones out are the EVO 8's, they never sold the 7's in the US.

thank you saved me the explanation
Old 08-10-2005, 08:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Couldn't remember the numbers it runs off the top of my head though.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:05 AM
Teching In

he's bullshitting you

A Evo 7 is illegal. It would have had to been converted. He was a ricer telling you his Evo 8 was a 7.

For a 7 to be imported it would have had to be crash tested and it would cost a ton.

and anyone who says "dude I can get any car I want in the states, its cake"... your full of it.

The govt takes this stuff very serious and you dont just "drive a car off the docks"...

And your not going to paddle a Evo 7 on a raft from Japan

I wish it was that easy

i really want a 5 and a 6. Honestly though old Evo's are cheap in Japan (just like GT-R's) so if anyone could actually get Evo's in this country they could make a killing on them. You could make a quick million or 2

Last edited by ohiomike; 08-11-2005 at 01:11 AM.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:52 AM
Launching!

tru 5-6 evo amazing machines. Evo 7 doesn't look much if any different from 8...why they not allowed in us tho..weird.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:03 AM
Teching In

um i know that guy and it is in fact a a 7, not an 8. he does run CLOSE to 7.7's but it's more like 7.8s, at least that's what i was told.

It was converted to LHD before he bought it also.

strange that you hung with him, cause i walk on ls1's with your mods, and him and i are real close to the same, although i do trap a little bit faster than he does.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:16 PM
Teching In

how did he get a 7 in the country and why when he could buy a 8 prob for the same cost?
Old 08-11-2005, 12:22 PM
Teching In

he bought his 7 before the 8 was available.

also there was someone a coupleof years ago importing a bunch of 7's to the country. There was a group deal going on, however there were some stipulations that got several of the 7's deported. The 7 in AL did not get sent back, but it did sit at the DMV in florida for about a year getting registered.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:38 PM
On The Tree

where u from evil dylan, and i kid u not when i say i was right beside him, that dont mean he was standin on the gas(i know i was lol), also there was a jeep about 20 car lengths in front of him so i dont know. i cant believe this i didnt know that it was car that theres prolly not even a dozen in the us, thats awesome, hey dylan if u know him what color is his car?? just curious to see if it was the same one ur thinkin about, pretty sure it is but ya never know, i do know what ever it was it was f-ing fast he barked tires in like every gear
Old 08-11-2005, 12:40 PM
On The Tree

wait i just looked at that website it couldnt have been that one the dude was in the left seat same as our cars, not on the right like on that site, so its not a evo 7 is it???
Old 08-11-2005, 12:47 PM
Teching In

the guy said he "converted" it but I don't know why he would, nhtsa doesnt require a import to convert it to lhd... But they make you spend 25k on getting it emissions and crash safe. Trust me the GT-R guys would be raking in the sales if the NHTSA just someday said sure whatever.

its actually the NHTSA that handles bringing imports in...

I dunno i would still say its "bs" unless i saw it. Plenty of kids get Evo 7 body kits...

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/...ite/index.html

damn that would suck also, pay all the money to convert a 7 and bam they let the 8 in...
Old 08-11-2005, 12:49 PM
Teching In

the guy im thinking of has a blue one exactly like mine, but he's got the big spoiler, and the sonic the hedgehog thingy's on the roof.

his 7 is a left hand drive like our cars.

also, im from huntsville, and so is he, but he lives waaay in east hsv. off moores mill road, and you guys were apparently racing pretty close to my place. that dominoes is about a mile and half from my street. If it's the dominoes close to county line road.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:50 PM
Teching In

i'll have to whip out the big guns. He has the delivery of his evo 7 documented on his website. this guy is no kid also, he's in his mid to late 30's.

www.victorbrant.com
Old 08-11-2005, 01:15 PM
Teching In

hmm very wierd, don't know why they would ever spend a ton of money to lhd a Evo 7 when they were going to import the 8... grill looks a little off... but hey maybe.

Grill looks wrong and evo 7's came with a silver star?

either way it looks like a 7... just for that lhd and grill stuff

http://fiber.homeip.net/Evo7/image-full/Evo7-FL.JPG
Old 08-11-2005, 03:17 PM
Teching In

lol

DUDE it's a 7. Not all EVO's are RHD from the factory.

look at the odomoeter. 20 miles, also notice that it has the ACD settings for gravel, tarmac, and snow. This wasnt available in the states until the MR came out. Another thing, look at a picture of the engine bay. Notice the silver tubing going into the turbo manifold. thats an antilag setup that overseas gets and the US doesnt. Look at the seats, they are not the same seats that you get here in the US, the wheels BBS wheels that werent available stock until the MR came out. The guy's license plate says EVO VII. LOL how much more evidence do you need?

theres nothing wrong with the grill, the thing was b rand spanking new when it came off the delivery truck.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:50 PM
On The Tree

ok i now offically rate my story and all info in it as 100% fact this dylan guy knows him he is exactly right, it was blue, and we were in athens on highway 31 goin north i guess he was goin to interstate 65, hey man are u gonna be at the dragstrip sat. night?
Old 08-11-2005, 03:51 PM
On The Tree

also just out of curiousity what happend to his arm it was broke??