Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing Dynotune Purge Kit on TNT F1

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 12:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing Dynotune Purge Kit on TNT F1

I'm looking to install a dynotune purge solenoid with a TNT F1 Kit. Anyone else done this? Where did you put the purge solenoid? I assume you need to buy another section of braided line to go from the purge solenoid the the TNT nitrous solenoid right? Thanks!
Old 08-11-2005, 09:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LoWeLL216
I'm looking to install a dynotune purge solenoid with a TNT F1 Kit. Anyone else done this? Where did you put the purge solenoid? I assume you need to buy another section of braided line to go from the purge solenoid the the TNT nitrous solenoid right? Thanks!

Well what we use is a #3 line that runs from the purge manifold to the purge sol, so that it can be mounted remotely.. Unless you have our new mounting bracket its going to be hard to fit the manifold/sol tog.. Just remove the 1/8pipe union and replace it with #3 fittings and add a #3 line.. Hope that helps ya out, David@TNT..
Old 08-11-2005, 10:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

I too have the dynotune purge w/ a TNT kit. Here's a pic. Sorry its not a close up shot but you can see the purge solenoid.

Old 08-11-2005, 11:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well you definately made it work Jaypee.. Thats our old style bracket, our new style is much easier to deal with.. David@TNT
Old 08-11-2005, 12:47 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by David@TNT
Well you definately made it work Jaypee.. Thats our old style bracket, our new style is much easier to deal with.. David@TNT
when did the new bracket come out?? and whats it look like??...cause i bought a F2 kit back in october 04 and i had a mother of a time with that damn thing tryin to get everything to fit properly. so im wondering if it was allready the new bracket or still an old one. thanx

rick
Old 08-11-2005, 03:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TNTramair
when did the new bracket come out?? and whats it look like??...cause i bought a F2 kit back in october 04 and i had a mother of a time with that damn thing tryin to get everything to fit properly. so im wondering if it was allready the new bracket or still an old one. thanx

rick
The new bracket came out around Mar 05, so you have the old style.. The biggest diff in looks is the channels that allow the sol to pivot front to back.. Thanks David@TNT
Old 08-11-2005, 04:04 PM
TECH Addict

I used the DynoTune manifold with an 18" extension hose to the nitrous solenoid.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:31 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by David@TNT
The new bracket came out around Mar 05, so you have the old style.. The biggest diff in looks is the channels that allow the sol to pivot front to back.. Thanks David@TNT
thats exactly what i had to do...lol...ok than
Old 08-12-2005, 10:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

just get an extra 3ft -4an line, the way mine sits, the nitrous line already rests against the heater hose. unless you do something like jaypee did and have the bracket bowed out.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by jaypee1217
I too have the dynotune purge w/ a TNT kit. Here's a pic. Sorry its not a close up shot but you can see the purge solenoid.

Thanks! I have the new style bracket so I think I can make this work pretty easily actually.
Old 08-13-2005, 10:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ok, I started to put the solenoid on only to realize the fitting is to small on the Dynotune solenoid to screw into the TNT nitrous solenoid. Also, the main feed line fitting is too big for the Dynotune fitting. Is the TNT a 6AN line/fitting? Or am I missing something? The purge solenoid should screw right into the TNT nitrous solenoid and you connect the main nitrous line to the purge solenoid right? Thanks in advance!
Old 08-13-2005, 10:30 PM
10 Second Club

I tried mounting mine at the nitrous solenoid but it was a mess. I said screw it and put the noid at the cowl with and an 18" line after it. Still hits super hard and super clean.

Old 08-15-2005, 07:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ok, I started to put the solenoid on only to realize the fitting is to small on the Dynotune solenoid to screw into the TNT nitrous solenoid. Also, the main feed line fitting is too big for the Dynotune fitting. Is the TNT a 6AN line/fitting? Or am I missing something? The purge solenoid should screw right into the TNT nitrous solenoid and you connect the main nitrous line to the purge solenoid right? Thanks in advance!
the tnt f1 is a -4an main feed line. the dynotune purge kit only comes in -4 and -6. so the only way the tnt line is bigger is if you have a -6an on the tnt kit, is it a used kit? can you post a pic?
Old 08-15-2005, 08:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by hourang
the tnt f1 is a -4an main feed line. the dynotune purge kit only comes in -4 and -6. so the only way the tnt line is bigger is if you have a -6an on the tnt kit, is it a used kit? can you post a pic?
It's definitely a 6AN fitting. I called TNT just to make sure I wasn't insane and they confirmed that the main feed line now comes with 6AN fittings...hmmm...guess I shouldn't checked on that before buying components...that's what happens when you assume
Old 08-16-2005, 08:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

It's definitely a 6AN fitting. I called TNT just to make sure I wasn't insane and they confirmed that the main feed line now comes with 6AN fittings...hmmm...guess I shouldn't checked on that before buying components...that's what happens when you assume
yeah i was thinking that too but i went to tnt's site and didnt find anything that they updated the feed line size. dynotune should be able to quickly help you get the new adapter, they are awesome.