Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Someone enlighten me on Cutouts

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 01:48 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone enlighten me on Cutouts

Whats the differnce between the electric cutout and the electric cutout with flowtech cutout?

http://www.ls1speed.com/catagory.cfm?catagory=Exhaust

Which do you recommend?

Thanks
Old 08-11-2005, 02:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, if it's like the QTP electric cutout or even the one the ZAngel has, it's a complete cutout with an electric cap that opens and closes. The electric cutout with flowtech cutout is comprised of two parts. First it's the flowtech cutout, and plain open cutout. You get the electric cutout cap to attach to the flowtech, and viola, you've got a cutout with an electric cap that you can open and close from the comfort of your driverseat.
If you opt for just the plain cutout, you can leave it open, or you can manually cap or uncap it with a plate and wingnut screws (which should be included).

Search will reveal many different experiences with different cutouts. IMO, it's hit or miss, doesn't seem to matter what brand. I personally prefer QTP, but only because I plan to get matching headers. But ZAngel's seem bad ***, there was a vid that you could view of them opening and closing. Try search or PM her. Good Luck.