Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Had fun with a Mod'd Saleen S281 +

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 11:25 AM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Had fun with a Mod'd Saleen S281 +

Run against a Saleen S281
Last night, ran a mod'd 98' Saleen S281. His mod's BBK Exhaust - no cats with an X-pipe, underdrive pulley(s), gears-I think and a few other things like a K&N. Ran from a 10 mph roll and he got a little jump. I reeled him in and scratched 3rd with my rear tires at his window. We exhanged compliments and mod's about our cars. Very nice and cool guy. I had to ask if it was real. He said yes. His car sounded very nice.

My run against a Ferrari 355 F1 Spider.
a couple weeks ago, saw a red 355 F1 Spider. A barbie doll wife (in her 40's) with her husband driving (in his 50's). I was talking on my cell phone and could not keep from turning my head. They were somewhat laughing at me. I got of the phone, rolled down my window and said "nice ride" they said "thanks" I then asked "Wanna Run it?"..... The light turned green and he actually hit the gas. He had to go around a car in front of him and then had a clear lane. I hit the gas once I saw him go around. This time I said "Holy S&*$! I nailed it! Again, another one I had to reel in. I did, but it took until almost the end of 2nd gear. I waived when I went by, I was in 3rd gear at the time.

My run against a 05 GTO
Saw a blue GTO weaving his way through traffic to catch me. Again, I'm on my cell phone. He has his girl with him. His car is loud. We pull up to a light. I say "I will run you". He said he was turning. I said I was too. I asked if his car was mod'd? I could tell because of his exhaust. He did not really answer the question, but asked of my car. I explained "Bolt ons." we ran a couple times. Each time he handed me my ***. After the last run, he explained he had a Cam. I expained I really need the LS6 or LSX intake and a cam & heads to keep up with him.

My run against a 96 Mod'd Mustang.
I see a guy in a black 96 mustang. I could see his long tubes from across the parking lot. I could hear his car from much farther away. He ends up parking next to me. I was already going toward the Conn's door. Ironically enough, he comes out at the same time. I ask about his car. He expains his car was the last year for 302's and he had cam, heads, 3.73 gear, no cats and runs a 12.5 and sometimes lower. I asked if he wanted to run as I would like to know if I would even be close. His car sounded great! First run - from a roll and he jumped out too soon. I could tell his car was not pulling away. The second run. I honk three times. We hit about even. His car spins like crazy. I don't and pretty much win the race. He said he missed 2nd. Third run, He gets the jump - his car pop's really loud. He thinks he blew up 4th gear. We roll down the street for a minute and my car starts doing this weird thing it has been doing for a while. Anytime I run and the rpms hit 6200, it is like the computer is not talking to the transmission. My car is reving in the Twilight Zone. He pulls up next to me and asks if I want to run again. I explain my car was acting really strange. It's been doing this for a while. He said probably better to go on cuz we keep breaking our ****. I laughed and limped back home. Finally, the SES light comes on. I go to the local Autozone and get a reading of PO171. I go home and find my Orielly receipt for my Lifetime warranty O2 Sensors. I pull the drivers side O2 Sensor, replace and now no more problems. Wish I would have had the SES light come on 6 weeks ago. The car would only act up when I would race and hit high rpms. I missed 2nd and 3rd runs against a couple other cars recently.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:32 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You sir...are a lucky man. I haven't had a single street race since I bought my SS.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Y2kHawk05
He expains his car was the last year for 302's
It must have been a '94-'95 stang, because the '96s were the first year for the mod motors.

Nonetheless, awesome runs, Jim!!!
Old 08-12-2005, 03:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GO4URS
It must have been a '94-'95 stang, because the '96s were the first year for the mod motors.
Beat me to it.
And nice runs man.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks to all! I held off on posting runs for a while and then got the gumption to do so. Always fun to run.

Nice hearing from you Monique.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good runs. Well told, too.

Jim