Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can A/C lines resist radiator heat?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 12:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can A/C lines resist radiator heat?

I have a custom turbo kit in my car. I recently reinstalled my A/C and I have a question about running the lines. In order to run them around the turbo, the long line going up to the canister is running against the radiator. Is this ok? The line has a rubber sheath around it where it touches the radiator. Is the rubber sheath/A/C line itself resistant to the heat of the radiator, or will it burn/melt through?
Old 08-14-2005, 09:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I could be wrong.. but I think the radiator shouldn't get hot enough to melt rubber.
Old 08-14-2005, 09:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WILWAXU
I could be wrong.. but I think the radiator shouldn't get hot enough to melt rubber.
Wow, someone responded. Thanks a lot! Luckily for me I ran the car and let it idle up to temp, keeping a close eye on the line and it was, indeed, fine.

Thanks for helpin out!
Old 08-15-2005, 12:47 AM
On The Tree

Hey 8Ball i see ur from CT u live here in CT or Mass. i also live in CT from West Haven Ur car looks pretty sick with those mods. Also 8ball u wouldnt happen to know anyone around here with HP Tuners? i need to get EGR code and AIR disabled local shop wont do it. Thanks
Old 08-15-2005, 08:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No , the ac lines are safe. I have a bundle of wires from my nitrous stuff running right in front of the radiator. They have been fine for a while now.

-Danny
Old 08-15-2005, 11:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98z28chevy
Hey 8Ball i see ur from CT u live here in CT or Mass. i also live in CT from West Haven Ur car looks pretty sick with those mods. Also 8ball u wouldnt happen to know anyone around here with HP Tuners? i need to get EGR code and AIR disabled local shop wont do it. Thanks
Hey man, I'm at my parents house right now in Hamden, right near you. I'm leaving for Worcester, MA in a few days though to start school for the year, but I come home to CT every few weeks usually. My tuner is in MA, his username is Slowhawk and his real name is Don Kinder. He's a great guy and everyone seems to love his work, so I would recommend getting all your tuning done by him. It's a drive for you from this area, but trust me it's worth it.

If you want to meet up and shoot the ****, PM me or something.

-Mario

EDIT: also, East Side Performance in Wallingford might be willing to do it. They are off exit 14 on I-91 on woodhouse ave, if I remember correctly.