Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those with Electric Cut Outs plz read...

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 12:27 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unhappy Those with Electric Cut Outs plz read...

ok the DMH electric cut out finally went in, after ALOT of sweat, heat, cussing and what not .. and then, to top it all, the damn motor [ butterfly didn't open ] didn't work !!! aaaaaaaaaah

When I press the button, I do hear a noise, similar to one when the butterfly opens/closes, but nothing really happens .. Is the motor defective or something else screwed up ?

It's wired to the 12v cigarette lighter connector...

Now DMH does say to heat cycle the cut-out before working it.. i.e. start the car, let it warm up and then cool down before using the cut-out [ this is only the first time after the install.. ] .. and we did follow that routine...

I just want some feedback from electric cut-out owners or people who'd know about this before I call and ask for a replacement...

Plz post!!...

Thanks

Rahul
Old 08-14-2005, 01:08 AM
TECH Addict

Heard others are having problems with'em also!
Old 08-14-2005, 06:04 AM
TECH Regular

Sorry to hear your having problems, i would just call DMH and give them a chance to point you in the right direction. I've got the dual cutouts and haven't had a single problem. I wired them up just like you did, and they have worked spot on every time.