Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help transgo problem!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 11:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need help transgo problem!!!!

i installed the transgo shift kit today and now the car feels like the trans is slipping. car revs up to 1000 rpm before starting to move in any gear and shifts feel like mush.
any input thanks,
99SilverC5A4
Old 08-15-2005, 11:24 PM
Naked AV

Call Transgo, they are very helpful and responsive.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:54 AM
TECH Regular

I just went through this same crap with my car. Unfortunately I can't tell you what fixed it, but I can tell you what I did. I took the valve body back down and double checked everything. Cleaned everything real good when I put it back in and pulled the servo's back out and installed new O-rings on them. Put it back together and it shifted better.
One other thing to try first and I'm not being a smart *** here but check the trans fluid level. I had to keep adding some to mine for about 25 miles. Also did you use any grease on the ball when you installed them. If so it could take a few miles to get them working free. OK one more thing you did put the gaskets on right didn't you the one with the c goes to the case anh the one with the v goes to the valve body.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:09 PM
TECH Regular

had mine installed at a buddies shop of mine, and its fine shifts awesome, not to soft and not to hard FIRM. its only on stage 2 right now, he said there is one more thing they can do but they recomend a stall before that.