Drag Racing Tech - How well would a lot of suspension stuff do on a basically stock ls1 car?

nomorews6
08-17-2005, 07:58 PM
I was looking at BMR's site and was wondering ... what do you all think it would be able to do if we got the tubular k member, and basically everything else that was made for drag racing? Would it drop considerable time off in the 1/4 mile?

Ls1LikeNoOther
08-17-2005, 08:21 PM
I was looking at BMR's site and was wondering ... what do you all think it would be able to do if we got the tubular k member, and basically everything else that was made for drag racing? Would it drop considerable time off in the 1/4 mile?

in a 6 speed with a slick and a 12 bolt it would do much better,but on an automatic with no converter i cant see it doing that much better..

Roush
08-18-2005, 11:01 PM
Well it would hook better of course, but it might hook a little too good and bog the motor. Once you bog your motor there goes atleast 1sec added to you time. So if you are planning on getting bad ass susupention then i would get some motor work frist. If your are going to leave it pretty much stock i would get a good rear end from Moser and get some M/T et drags, and get a 3800 stall. But thats just my opinion.

Ls1LikeNoOther
08-19-2005, 01:39 AM
Well it would hook better of course, but it might hook a little too good and bog the motor. Once you bog your motor there goes atleast 1sec added to you time. So if you are planning on getting bad ass susupention then i would get some motor work frist. If your are going to leave it pretty much stock i would get a good rear end from Moser and get some M/T et drags, and get a 3800 stall. But thats just my opinion.

Ok so im assuming its auto,ya I didnt know that...With an auto you would need a giant stall to take benefit of it or else you will bog like he said..

6speed on the other hand,slicks 12 bolt full suspension ls1 should go mid 12's as a bolt on car,gear the hell out of it too