Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

push rods

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 02:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default push rods

well i wasnt sure were to put this thread so if u guys could help me out. .
i was racing last night and when i tryed to threw it into 3 i dropped in into first . . it never really redlined i popped the clutch in b4 it got passed 5k rpms i just wanted to know how bad u guys think i messed up my push rods i was only going about 50 mph thank you . .
Old 08-18-2005, 02:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well the tachs in these cars are SLOW. So you could have been ALOT higher then that. The pushrods are only about 110+shippin so there is no reason to risk it. That and the stockers really arent up to even stock loads. Like hard acceleration and what not. So they prolly have small bends in them which flex on every bump of the cam. It is a easy install. GL

John
Old 08-18-2005, 10:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 99SS-T
Well the tachs in these cars are SLOW. So you could have been ALOT higher then that. The pushrods are only about 110+shippin so there is no reason to risk it. That and the stockers really arent up to even stock loads. Like hard acceleration and what not. So they prolly have small bends in them which flex on every bump of the cam. It is a easy install. GL

John
is there any instrustions online on how i could change them i would rather do that then pay 500 bucks . . and are there any after market push rods. . i did a search but came up empty
Old 08-18-2005, 03:54 PM
Launching!

Any place with lS1 stuff will be able to sell you chromoly pushrods. not to expensive and good security. I got a set from Comp Cams outta Speed Inc.