Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP cat back exhaust question, dual dual v. 2OTL

Old 08-18-2005, 11:01 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SLP cat back exhaust question, dual dual v. 2OTL

I currently have the SLP 2OTL on my Z28. I have been thinking about switching to the SLP dual dual exhaust.

My question is, are the i-pipe and over the axle pipe the same between the two systems? Can I simply remove the 2OTL muffler and tail pipes and replace them with the dual dual muffler and tail pipes (and have the hangers and tailpipes line up properly) or will I have to modify the over the axle pipe to accomodate the dual dual muffler and tail pipes?

Thanks.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:16 AM
Launching!

those two systems are identical.......even the same muffler just configured differently....so i don't think it would be a problem at all........
Old 08-19-2005, 08:08 AM
TECH Resident

I don't think the mufflers are identical. My 2OTL muffler is a straight through muffler that splits the flow internally. The inlet and outlets are in different positions on the ends of the mufflers. My suspicion is that it won't be a problem to swap them either.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:04 AM
Launching!

I was thinking about this myself and looked at pic's of where the over the axle pipe goes into the muffler and it appears that it's in a diff spot on the DD than the 2OTL. Obviously maybe the DD muffler's tips might be a diff length where this would be offset by the difference in length from where you mount the muffler. Unless someone here has done it, I'd say for us to know for sure we'd have to call SLP and ask them.

JasonG
Old 08-19-2005, 11:12 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by equandt
I don't think the mufflers are identical. My 2OTL muffler is a straight through muffler that splits the flow internally. The inlet and outlets are in different positions on the ends of the mufflers.
like i said in original post "even the same muffler just configured differently "
Old 08-19-2005, 03:08 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks for the clarification.

Search this Thread