Racer's Lounge - Fantasy Football guys????

View Full Version : Fantasy Football guys????

blkZ28spt
08-18-2005, 03:16 PM
I'm a football guy and decided to jump on the bandwagon and try my hand in a free fantasy football league. Our live draft was this morning.

I underdrafted at the most crucial position and find myself with only one workhourse running back. (Corey Dillon, NE) My leage starts two RB's a week, and I'm not sure what to do to get somebody else reliable, or if I should bother trying to make a change.

The other two are Duce Staley (PIT) and J.J. Arrington (ARI). Duce is good, and while he is expected to start the regular season he is currently injured and Bettis should be taking a lot of Duce's scoring opportunities. Arrington went over 2,000 yards rushing for Cal last year but has not clinched the roll of primary RB yet (AFAIK), and is at best an unproven rookie with potential.

If you had to pick one or the other which one would you start? (knowing only as much as we do at this point in time). Or would you try to trade one away coupled with say a reciever (Randel El or Issac Bruce) and upgrade?

BTW: The others of importance are Brett Favre, Andre and Chad Johnson, Longwell, Bears DST and Algae crumpler.

Any input or random related thoughts appreciated. :)

baddogz28
08-18-2005, 05:19 PM
Dillon all day long. Andre Johnson is also a stud.

blkZ28spt
08-18-2005, 05:22 PM
Yes, Dillon is set. He was my second round pick. Problem is that I have to start TWO RB's. I'm happy to have been able to pick up both andre johnson and chad johnson, got more than I expected at WR. Hell, I have Isaac Bruce and Randel El as well...problem is there are a lot more starting WR's than RB's and now I feel "outgunned" at the RB position.

So now it's Duce Staley, J.J. Arrington, or attempt to trade one of them off possibly using Bruce to trade up.