So, Someone Broke Into My Car

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 03:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default So, Someone Broke Into My Car

Thats right, someone actually thought it would be worthwhile to break into my 1980 Delta 88. No signs of forced entry either, I assume someone unlocked it and thats how they got in. Well anyway I had the dash torn apart so my first hint that something was wrong was when I looked in the rearview and saw the speaker covers all torn up. They had to tear through this padding, some pegboard style stuff and then get this, they left the friggan speakers there. I guess they realized that a piece of **** car would have a piece of **** sound system. Either way I looked and realized that they also stole my damn radio, not really expensive but more annoying. I bet they couldn't even get $10 for the unit. So eitherway I was impressed that they neatly took everything apart instead of just cutting all the wires.

I planned on getting a new stereo w/ an alarm when the new drivetrain goes in. I know I should be mad, but I'm not for some reason. Not to say if I caught them I wouldn't knock their teeth out with a bat, break both their legs, and leave them an arm so they could wipe their own asses. You should be able to defend your property with force nationwide.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:26 PM
Launching!

sounds like what happened to my beater. The ONLY time I lock it and leave it out front some asshat breaks the window just to see that there is nothing in the car. To top it off, it rained that night.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:55 PM
TECH Resident

I'm kind of glad that the door was open, if they busted the window I'd probably part out the car
Old 08-18-2005, 07:03 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

sorry to hear that man. That really sucks. things stolen or not, it pisses me off to know that they invaded your privacy like that. if i ever caught someone touching my car there would be SERIOUS repercussions. Best of luck getting her all fixed up.

Brad
Old 08-18-2005, 07:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Diolar Magnum
sorry to hear that man. That really sucks. things stolen or not, it pisses me off to know that they invaded your privacy like that. if i ever caught someone touching my car there would be SERIOUS repercussions. Best of luck getting her all fixed up.

Brad
Well yeah, I mean even though it didn't really matter its all about the principle. I almost filed a report, but I figured it wouldn't even be worth my time.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Will Clark
I'm kind of glad that the door was open, if they busted the window I'd probably part out the car

That's great... sorry about what happened though...
Old 08-19-2005, 12:52 AM
TECH Addict

sucks to think that no matter how bad your junk is . there will be someone that will try to steal it. back when i had the green car some ****** tried to break into it but they probably only spent likw 3 secs on it attempted to stick a screw driver behind the window and pry it but couldnt see inside the car cause of the 5% tint and probably thought someone was inside and ran.