Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

after motor swap I have some problems I need help weeding out.

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 07:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default after motor swap I have some problems I need help weeding out.

Ok, its a stroker motor with a pretty big cam, decent heads and open headers for exhaust. At first the car wouldnt idle but ran ok i guess for untuned it wasent skipping or anything, now it idles only sometimes which is a step forward, but its after the car has been driven awhile which is rare still to happen. Most of the time it dosent idle at all and my foot has to be on the gas barley or else it will shut off. When it does idle it idles at 1100 to 1200 rpms. On hp tuner my idle was adjusted to 750 or something, i cant remember what the tuner said, but it didnt work. Thats problem number one. Cant get idle right which im not to concerned about becaus of prob. #2.

#2, the car ran smooth sometimes but not great. At random times which was pretty frequent it would pop, skip and basiaially run like crap barley driveable. Now its like this ALL the time and I had to tow it home..

Here is a list of things I think it might be, i just got done with this motor swap and havent had the chance to work on these things yet so i promise im not trying to ghetto rig things. I jsut havent gotten around to getting replacement bolts and sensor..

The coolant tempiture sensor is broke, its half rigged up and may not be working even though it isnt throwing a code and seems to be working. Dureing the motor swap i lost alot of my coil pack bolts and some only have one bolt holding them down and are a little loose. Im thinking it could be a grounding problem if the coil packs are suppose to be grounded. And also, I only have one bolt holding my fuel rail down becaus the others were lost. Again, i didnt mean to ghetto this and the fuel rail or coil packs dosent appear loose ot the point where they wold cause the car to run this bad. But could any of these one things cause the car to run like total crap?

On the dyno earlier today, no codes were being thrown except for deleted emmissions.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Loose fuel rail = fire

Fix the stuff you rigged. Then get the car tuned.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everything rigged is fixed. However, its throwing a low voltage code to the MAF and the throttle position sensor is getting a code but I replace the throttle position sensor yesterday. Does this sound like a bad MAF?